Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early want list

Re: Early want list

As far as QB of the future goes I read somewhere that David Carr is on the outs in Houston. I still think he can be very good in this league, he just has been pummeled in Houston. And sitting for a littlebit behind McNair might appeal to him more than say a Matt Schaub, who has been dying to start.

This is a terrible draft for QB's, so I think if people want another homegrown guy they are better off waiting until 08.
    Last edited by GreenWave52; 02-10-2007 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

I'd be all for getting our paws on Carr and having him and boller be Carr #3, Boller #2, then the next year it's open season to see who can win the job. That all depends on what happens in terms of Plummer going to Houston, if he does, Carr's worth trading that 5th or something.

As far as draft:

Round 1: Levi Brown, Patrick Willis, Aaron Ross, Dwayne Bowe, Daymeion Hughes

Round 2: Michael Bush, Kenny Irons, Ray McDonald, Earl Everett

Just an assortment of names, but hey, a lot can happen in FA between now and the season. Tag and Trade of AD, plummer going to houston and carr leaving, what's Jax doing at QB?, is NE going after AD?

could be pretty crazy for us depending on what shakes out.

If we wait on a QB, I say go Colt Brennan next year, but...we won't be in position to spend a top 15 pick unless something terrible happens.

Wink Re: Early want list

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    I'd be all for getting our paws on Carr and having him and boller be Carr #3, Boller #2, then the next year it's open season to see who can win the job.
    That suggestion really brightened my day. Although, frankly, I'd rather see an open competition involving Boller and Carr this summer!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Cap hell is not a guarranteed thing. Look at the Eagles and the Pats, they don't have to worry about Cap Hell. Why?

Because they get rid of veterans and big dollar players and let the new guys go. This is the model you have to follow if you are going to be competitive year in and out in the NFL. Draft well and don't overpay vets/ hold on to vets too long.

We are going to see in a couple of years is the end of what has been our core since 2000- JO, Ray, Jamal, possibly C-mac; and the release/retirement of guys like McNair, Rolle, Mason, Anderson, and Price.

The key to success is to draft well and prepare for this so it is not a purge per say, more of a transition to a new generation. The way we have overhauled the o-line will happen with the whole team.
    Bingo.The Patriots and Eagles dont rebuild,they reload.I think the last 2 years of drafts have set this franchise up for the future.Brian Baldinger was on Out of Bounds at the end of the season,and he said if the Ravens have another draft class like they have the past two years we will be set up for the next 5 years.He is one of the people who's opinion I actually value because he is somewhat local and he actually watches film.

Draft (Players I'd get in later rounds. Not sure where any would fall. Random names).

1. Josh Wilson.
    2. Kenny Irons.
    3. Michael Bush.
    4. Aaron Sears.
    5. Drew Stanton.
    6. Colt Brennan. Aaron Wilson is saying that he's available in this draft.
    Most if not all those players are probably gone before round 3. I look for Drew Stanton to be selected early to mid second round. I certainly wouldn't mind picking a guy like Grubbs or Blalock in the first, and then taking Stanton in the 2nd if he's there. He could be a very good NFL QB IMO.

Round one: Joe Staley - OT/OG Central Michigan
    Perfect guard candidate and good backup tackle, where he could probaly be a starter for most teams. A DeCosta favorite and rightfully so. Good character, very fast, and lots of athleticism. Clocked a 4.47 40
    I find it extremely hard to believe that an offensive lineman ran a 4.47, could you please clarify this for me?

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Bingo.The Patriots and Eagles dont rebuild,they reload.I think the last 2 years of drafts have set this franchise up for the future.Brian Baldinger was on Out of Bounds at the end of the season,and he said if the Ravens have another draft class like they have the past two years we will be set up for the next 5 years. He is one of the people who's opinion I actually value because he is somewhat local and he actually watches film.
    I agree with this post. Our last two draft classes have been so good, and if 2007 and 2008 draft classes are on par or better, I am not worried about losing the 30 over crew after 2008. Eric Decosta seems hell bent on improving our league leading 75% of draft picks playing in the NFL, and I believe he'll do it.

We seem to excel in the late rounds. We haven't missed on a draft pick in the late first round yet. (Maybe that is an omen that we are due to miss). Nah! Think positive.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    I find it extremely hard to believe that an offensive lineman ran a 4.47, could you please clarify this for me?
    01/24/07 - Senior Bowl South Team Wednesday Practice Report: One of the players I was most excited to see line up in the Senior Bowl was Central Michigan's Joe Staley. Despite dramatically stepping up his level of competition, Staley has held up well, especially in pass protection, this week. Staley has good quickness out of his stance and keeps his feet moving. His balance and overall athleticism keep him in front of defenders. While he uses his hands well, Staley will have to continue to get stronger to reach his potential, but he solidified his position this week among the draft's better left tackle prospects.12/31/06 - PRO PROSPECTS: OT Joe Staley bolstered his pro status throughout the season, and goes into the offseason as a potential late first-round or early second-round pick in the NFL draft. 12/26/06 - PRO PROSPECTS: OT Joe Staley was among the MAC's most dominant linemen the past two seasons. At 6-5, 280 pounds, he runs a 4.7 40-yard dash, giving him first-day potential in the NFL draft.

* He rwas clocked at the lower time at least once, but the link? I visit too many sites to track it down easily.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

there is a huge difference between 4.7 which is greqat for a lineman and 4.47 which wouldd be good for a DB/LB/RB

He wouldn't have been moved from TE if he ran a 4.47. He ran a 4.7.

If the link I saw a week or so was wrong, then I'm wrong.

Nevertheless, even after adding that 3/10 of a second, you're talking about a lot of speed for an offensive lineman. I suspect not even Chester is that fast.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

1) Franchise AD

2) Resign Pashos, Johnson, Mughelli

3) Draft: Round 1-Lynch, Ross, Kalil, Staley Round 2-Stanton, Hunt, Wilson