Wes Welker injured

Apparently, Wes Welker was taken off the field by stretcher in their game against Houston.

Assuming we win in Oakland, this could be huge if he's out for the 1st round of the playoffs, since the most likely scenario would be Baltimore vs. New England.

To me, he's the biggest threat to us on offense.

Yeah, I may be looking too far ahead, and yes, the injury could prove to be minor, but still, one has to think about the impact of it.

Re: Wes Welker injured

Brady apparently is player with 3 broken ribs too, hope he gets sacked a few times...

Saw the highlight on CBS - didn't look minor; looked pretty serious. I'd be surprised if his knee is not blown out.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

It wasn't on a stretcher, he walked off but with two trainers by his side. He hurt his knee on a cut, so I'd be pretty surprised if he's able to play next week. Looked to me to be a classic blown ACL sort of injury. Not to say it is that, but it's the way a lot of ACLs have been blown.

I am irritated by how the announcers are saying this game is meaningless for NE. Being the 3 seed is far different from being the 4 seed, and it'd be stupid of NE to take this game for granted.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    It wasn't on a stretcher, he walked off but with two trainers by his side. He hurt his knee on a cut, so I'd be pretty surprised if he's able to play next week. Looked to me to be a classic blown ACL sort of injury. Not to say it is that, but it's the way a lot of ACLs have been blown.

I am irritated by how the announcers are saying this game is meaningless for NE. Being the 3 seed is far different from being the 4 seed, and it'd be stupid of NE to take this game for granted.

- C -
    He was carted off the field, after they walked him to the sideline they brought the stretcher. He was crying and you could see a trainer elling a coach he is done. I really hope we get NE now with this injury and the news of Brady's ribs I'm feeling good about a win in NE.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

First thing first...
    We need to win today for this to even matter.
    With that being said...
    Playing New England without Welker is far different then playing them with Welker.
    That dude just kills teams with those quick slant routes he does.
    IIRC, they didn't have him when we played them earlier in the year and we still lost so certainly they're capable of beating us anyway, but I like our chances better going against them without Welker rather then with him if we take care of todays business.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

- C -
    Its the difference between a possible home AFCCG and an away AFCCG. Certainly worth playing for and seeing that N.E. has all their guys on the field, I think Belicheck agrees.