Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down OT - Daunte overrated

Charlie Batch turned out to be the best QB on the field tonight. Batch made the big plays when they were needed and Pep fizzled out. All it took was one play, for EACH guy. Both were touchdowns. But only one was for the offense.

So much for weighing 250 lbs. and having a cannon arm, eh?

Re: OT - Daunte overrated

I was very unimpressed with Dante tonight. Not only does he look thinner, but he was overthrowing, underthrowing, throwing behind receivers. Welker made him look as good as he could tonight.

I really never liked Dante anyway.

Looks like Miami is nothing more than this year's hyped-up-sexy pick. As for the game, this makes our game this Sunday all the more important to get a "W."

We cannot start off 0-1 with Pitt and possibly Cinncy starting off at 1-0. Besides, it will take that road monkey off of our backs.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

how disappointing, see the Dolphins supposed great D give up 21 to C Batch.

It especially sucks since I had Daunte starting on my FF team. 6 lousy points!

I know the announcers stated that Dante had lost only 10 pounds in the offseason, but didn't it look like a lot more than that? If it weren't for the name on the back of the jersey, I don't think I would've recognized him out there.

He used to be massive, now he looks no larger than your average punter.

'I\'m a Culpepper fan but he did not look sharp at all in this game. He simply wasn\'t throwing accurate passes. Maybe he\'s still rusty -- I\'ve seen him play a lot better than this.\r\n\r\nI\'m disappointed in the outcome of this game but not surprised.'

He looked like crap last year, too. I think he's done.
    Oderint dum metuant

Without Randy Moss, daunte will always look like shit. He's dumb as a box of rocks and has made a career throwing jump balls to the greatest wideout in the league.

On a side note, Joey Porter had 2 sacks and an interception for a touchdown to seal the win.

If Ray Lewis had this type of game, what do you think the people here and at the Insiders would be saying? "Heeeee's baaaaaaaack!"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
    On a side note, Joey Porter had 2 sacks and an interception for a touchdown to seal the win.

If Ray Lewis had this type of game, what do you think the people here and at the Insiders would be saying? "Heeeee's baaaaaaaack!"
    If the Dolphins actually attempted to block Porter with someone other than a running back, he probably would've ended up with no sacks.

I have to admit, that interception was a nice play though. Even if Dante basically threw it right to him.