Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stephen A Smith says MVP McNair

Just said on his show that McNair will resurrect the Ravens and win NFL MVP,we will win 12 games this year and Todd Heap will light it up.WOW!is all I have to say.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Stephen A Smith says MVP McNair

Excellent!

Who's Stephen A Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Excellent!

Who's Stephen A Smith?
    Quite Frankly, he is an obnoxious loudmouted (mostly NBA) pundit who believes that the person who argues louder argues righter.

I can't stand him myself. His show is also horrible.

Yeah but I hope he's right.

'Stephen A. Smith is a loudmouthed ass -- only Michael Irvin is more annoying to listen to.\r\n\r\nI\'m surprised Smith\'s show is still on the air.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve
    Yeah but I hope he's right.

Don't we all.

I hope he is right too...

Can I ask you guys, if our Oline is so bad, how are we expecting to put up points? Will we be using 2 tailbacks and one as an extra blocker?

I am just wondering how much time Mcnair will need to get the ball out, will we have much success and what DLines do you expect to give us the most problems?

If any Ravens were to win MVP, it would have to be Jamal Lewis with another 2,000+ yards leading us deep into the playoffs. The Ravens are not constructed in a way to have any QB get MVP type stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    If any Ravens were to win MVP, it would have to be Jamal Lewis with another 2,000+ yards leading us deep into the playoffs. The Ravens are not constructed in a way to have any QB get MVP type stats.

What if the voters watched the games instead of voting on stats. what if serios defensive injuries forced us to score 25 pts a game to win. 3500 yds, 22 Td's, 11 picks, 11-5 record, playoffs, lotss of 4th quarter heroics, a team obviously rallying around it's new leader, and overcoming what should have been a strength.... If that were to happen, I'd like to see Voters overlook Peyton putting up 4200 yds 40 tds and 17 picks leading to an expected 11-5... or something to that nature, Gates 1500 yds 20 TD's, playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T

Look no further than McNair's MVP season in 2003. McNair's individual stats? 62.5 %, 3215 yards, 24 TDs, 7 INTs. More important stats? 12 wins. NFL voters DO look beyond "offensive player of the year" for MVP voting - it just happens that the past two seasons the MVPs had stats so unbelievably out-of-this-world that there WERE also the most valuable players.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven
    I hope he is right too...

Can I ask you guys, if our Oline is so bad, how are we expecting to put up points? Will we be using 2 tailbacks and one as an extra blocker?

I am just wondering how much time Mcnair will need to get the ball out, will we have much success and what DLines do you expect to give us the most problems?

"Can I ask you guys, if our Oline is so bad, how are we expecting to put up points? Will we be using 2 tailbacks and one as an extra blocker?"

I don't know about useing one of the tailbacks as a blocker, but certainly the tailback will have responsibility in picking up blitzers in passing situations.

Now 2 tightend sets I would expect one of them to be held in to block with the line.

That is what Ben Coates' main responsibility was in 2000.

His ability to do just that is one of the resons we had some level of success in passing from time to time.

If the Minnesota game is any indication as to what to expect regarding good D-lines, I would expect to see us having problems with many D-lines starting with Tampa this Sunday.

We're going to find out just how much improved our O-line is (if at all) right out of the shute!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!