Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Holmgren to the Clowns

I see that the Clowns have hired Holmgren to run the front office. Anybody else less than impressed?

He was a good coach in GB when he had Wolf running the FO, so he goes to Seattle and gets to the SB once and has one of the worst coached games in SB history.

Other than that his teams have not been much in a division that perennially has two or three bad teams in it. Right not the Seahawks are quite devoid of talent.

Frankly, I think he is very over-rated as a front office type and somewhat as a coach. I think the Clowns have signed themselves up for another hand full of years of being mediocre at best.

Re: Holmgren to the Clowns

DP said it best when he said "Half the work for twice the money...good work if you can get it."

The best part is, it's the half that he sucked at in Seattle. I'll be impressed with this move once he builds a winner. Till then, meh.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Greg, you know that this is yet another has-been that is going to fatten his retirement account with Clown millions, compile a 16-32 record and ride off into the sunset.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Greg, you know that this is yet another has-been that is going to fatten his retirement account with Clown millions, compile a 16-32 record and ride off into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think the Clowns have signed themselves up for another hand full of years of being mediocre at best.
    If he gets them to mediocre he'll have earned his money!

Blog Entries

Hopefully this marks an end to the Clowns raiding the Ravens of any cast-off and talent that they can pry loose from us.

I said a good while ago half in jest, half serious that it looked like the Clowns were trying to get their old team back one player/FO at a time (Anderson, Zastadil, Savage....)

Maybe Holmgren coming in will end it and our organization will no longer be the first one they look over when they want something.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Honestly, if the Browns were smart, they'd pay any amount it takes to get Schottenheimer in the door to coach that team. Cower could be another good option although I'm not sure he'd take the job. But Schotty could have that team turned around in a hurry.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

^I agree with you about Marty, If the Redskins would have just let him do his job they'd be in alot better position. Marty has a track record of putting teams in position.