Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBC blows

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Thumbs down NBC blows

Did they hire a HS kid to direct this game or are there 5 monkeys in the control truck deciding which camera to use? And no replay of the incomplete pass from Culpepper to Booker but we get a replay of Cowher chewing out Santonio Holmes for fielding that punt? Who the hell is deciding on this? But luckily instead of replays we see cats running to the sidelines or we get a crowd shot of a bunch of Yinzers in the land dentistry forgot.

Re: NBC blows

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    in the land dentistry forgot.
    Now that's funny.

I disagree. Maybe I'm easy but I like the fact they moved the score to the bottom instead of at the top where players heads are, to block players' feet seems like a better idea. I also like Madden and Michaels as a team, I like the new music, very traditional, battle-like football music compared to the lame tune NBC had going in the early 90s.

No complaints here.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I have no problem with that, the music means nothing to me. The scoreboard at the bottom is better. But the lack of a few replays on the possible catch, they even noted Saban may have wanted to challenge it. The camera work is lacking, on the one replay they did show of that right after the play the camera man losing the WR and you can't tell if it was bobbled. If it wasn't that is a catch, I wanted to see some replays from other angles.

The overall production is OK -- nothing special. I wish that NBC could have avoided the same old crowd shots of the in-breds waving their yellow rags.

So far I'm less then impressed by NBC. Their HD is the lowest quality of any of the NFL networks. Definitly worse than what ABC offered.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

I dont know if its just my cable,but the signal keeps blanking out every so often.It did it about 3 times in arow after that fumble.

Yeah, my signal kept coming and going as well. Must've happened at least 50 times during the game, albeit for only a few seconds at a time. But still, that's inexcusable.

I had no problems with NBC and thought the whple thing was done pretty well. I really like their new theme music.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    I had no problems with NBC and thought the whple thing was done pretty well. I really like their new theme music.
    I agree, I just wish the score was different.

I think thay need a few more analysts. Lets see, Bettis, Sharpe, Collinsworth........the Napolean himself Bob Costas. He had more make up on that Tammy-Faye

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv
    ...the Napolean himself Bob Costas. He had more make up on that Tammy-Faye
    Haha...I noticed that too. In HD he looked especially bad. I mean, I know sportscasters all wear a little make-up (men included) but that was out of control. He looked like a two-bit hooker. :grbac: