Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBC blows

Re: NBC blows

'
    Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    I dont know if its just my cable,but the signal keeps blanking out every so often.It did it about 3 times in arow after that fumble.
    \r\n\r\nIt wasn\'t just your cable, the signal was disappearing all night long. Very annoying.'

So far I'm less then impressed by NBC. Their HD is the lowest quality of any of the NFL networks. Definitly worse than what ABC offered.
    True dat! I kept checking to make sure I was really on the HD feed. The picture kept going fuzzy on me, too, and I thought it was my DirecTV until I realized it was only some views that were fuzzy.

I also really "enjoyed" almost missing a touchdown because they were late back from commercial.
    Oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSunday
    Haha...I noticed that too. In HD he looked especially bad. I mean, I know sportscasters all wear a little make-up (men included) but that was out of control. He looked like a two-bit hooker. :grbac:
    Bob Costas- a man?? Someone shoulda told me. I hope he is relegated to the half-time show--only. Then I can Ignore him!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

\r\n\r\nIt wasn\'t just your cable, the signal was disappearing all night long. Very annoying.'
    I noticed no problems on my regular DirecTV feed.

More depressing were the commercials for NFL Network games starting this Thanksgiving - with Byant 'so smug about to disappear up his own rectum' Gumbel. I hate that prick.

The in game team stats updates were next to non-existent too. You should game stats updated throughout the entire game...not just halftime.

FM

The land that dentistry forgot. Classic! (It's funny, cause it's true.)

I was too busy running out of the seating area for free, ice-cold Miller Lites and bs-ing with my fellow Ravens fans to notice the quality of the broadcast. I'll pay more attention this Sunday.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

you have to keep in mind that ABC had 30 years to master monday night football and the speed of the game along with enhancments in technology in graphics and illustrators. Although I must say there isn't much difference in NBC's effort then tuning into ESPN classic and watching a college football game from 1980!

I thought the broadcast was OK. Nothing special.

The only thing I have problem with is Andrea Kramer. She's horrible. NBC should have hired Kolber or Tafoya away from EPSN or tried to get someone like B-Squared. Thank god Kramer is only on there for about 5 minutes.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6
    The only thing I have problem with is Andrea Kramer. She's horrible. NBC should have hired Kolber or Tafoya away from EPSN or tried to get someone like B-Squared. Thank god Kramer is only on there for about 5 minutes.
    And to be un-PC for a second, it would help if she didn't have a face that has been beaten mercilessly with the ugly stick.

Although good looks don't necessarily always make up for a lack of talent. See Guerrero, Lisa.

My reception kept cutting out for a second or 2 at a time. I have Comcast and had trouble with my DVR box so my first thought was to break the DVR box over my knee but I tried another channel and it was fine.

Very annoying when you are just sitting and antisipating when the channel was going to cut out instead of paying attention to the game

Yeah I must admit that the camera work was pretty bad...
    Not "Kipp Vickers" bad, but bad nonetheless...