Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Re: Game Thread - Ravens/Steelers Round 2 - Now or Never!

Cincy still tied, 3-3. Please come back and win this so I can have my miracle.

1st, PA, zipped to Mason for 9. Again, in front of Townsend. Blitz came, and Flacco beat it.
    2nd and 1, the dumb McClain dive play gets a first, 2 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    More like on Landry. On that CB blitz he has to pick up the WR. But no he lets Holmes catch it uncontested then falls on his ass.
    I don't disagree that Landry has to take some blame on that, but a blind monkey knows at this point that he is not good at tackling in space this year...yet we have him back as if we are playing a 2 deep with nobody else rotating over but him, and force him to come over and cover Holmes one on one.

That is poor scheme and definately not putting your players in their best position to succeed. Maybe if you had Reed over there...and had him start the play maybe 7 yards or so DIRECTLY over top of Foxworth so he can cover him in case of a quick pass...it could work. Not Landry 15 yards away in space against a WR that is so good at YAC.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    How quickly the masses turn on Harbaugh...Coming in here never having an OC/DC job, everyone forgave that when he made the playoffs.

Now that we're not walking in so easily, he's not qualified to be an NFL coach.

EVERY NFL coach makes dumb decisions...Jack Del Rio went for 4th and 1 on his own 35...Let me repeat, they GAVE UP THE BALL when they would've had to go 65 MORE yards for a score. All John did right now was not call one of his TOs on 3rd down. If we call the TO and they still get the huge play, everyone probably calls him an idiot for letting the Steelers set up for the big play and ruining our momentum.
    The only problem is that he's doing it almost every week now. Not calling timeout with the Steelers backed up and 3rd down is absolutely unbelievable.

1st, Rice breaks outside, then trips and gets tackled by Clark. Ohh if he didn't trip! As is, he gets inside the Pittsburgh 40. Great block by Oher to open the hole.

Blog Entries

Two things I don't get about this missed timeout thing.

1) Player shouldn't have gone offsides that gave them a free play, which may have contributed to the decision to throw. I think it was Barnes, and he should be the subject of some of this ire.
    2) How a CB can have position like that, looking back at the ball, and not just swipe it with his hand instead of waiting to catch it, is unbelievable. I'm going to stop shorting of chewing out Walker because I said I wouldn't after his game saving PD against Sunny D.

Those two are bigger culprits to me. If they'd played with their heads that wouldn't have become what it was.

1st from the 38, Rice finds a hole, gets about 6. Steelers going for the ball.
    2nd and 4, Rice up the middle for another 3. Straight into the pile.
    3rd and 1, Ravens AGAIN confused and BLOW ANOTHER TIME OUT.

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES

A nice LONG drive to tire them out, and score 7

I'll also throw may hat in there and agree with everybody...you HAVE to call a TO there. I don't understand at all why we didn't. Everybody at my house was screaming for the TO. Then we compounded the thing by being offsides and Frank Walker having the ball skills of a 2 year old.

The play itself was bad enough. Jumping offsides was dumb, as was having Walker in uniform on a NFL field.

However, you save yourself 45 seconds if you manage to stop them. That's two or three plays in the NFL and that's what made it a bad decision.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

4 minutes into the half and the Ravens burn a timeout. The preparation is just inexplicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Two things I don't get about this missed timeout thing.

1) Player shouldn't have gone offsides that gave them a free play, which may have contributed to the decision to throw. I think it was Barnes, and he should be the subject of some of this ire.
    2) How a CB can have position like that, looking back at the ball, and not just swipe it with his hand instead of waiting to catch it, is unbelievable. I'm going to stop shorting of chewing out Walker because I said I wouldn't after his game saving PD against Sunny D.

Those two are bigger culprits to me. If they'd played with their heads that wouldn't have become what it was.
    Neither of what you said is wrong. But I would add that the timeout would have slowed everything down and MAYBE given the defense a better chance to set for that play. Maybe Barnes doesn't go offsides.

And you stop the clock.

3rd and 1, Rice forward for 2-3 and a first. Phew. Jumbo set got it done.