Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 40414243 LastLast

Re: Game Thread - Ravens/Steelers Round 2 - Now or Never!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Actually, I think we still do control our destiny. If Yahoo playoff generator is right, even if all the other contenders win and we win, we are in.
    We should win. Of course, the Raiders have been playing a lot better. Even beating them isn't a sure thing.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

And I don't know if we're a force or not. What I do know is we can still play half decent defense, even on our 3rd string secondary, and we have one of the best running and play action games in football. Hell, Mason doesn't drop the easiest TD of his career we win this game.

What else can you say? You get it and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    And I'm allowed to complain about people bitching about a 19-12 regular season and 2-1 post season coach, that's my right. Look we're all Ravens fans here and we're all passionate post loss. I apologise if I offended you personally.
    Eh, I get pissy after repeated bonehead plays. When I get to Scotland, buy me a kilt and a pint we'll call it even.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    We should win. Of course, the Raiders have been playing a lot better. Even beating them isn't a sure thing.
    Agreed, but they are playing QB roulette and currently starting Charlie Frye, and they just lost to Cleveland. So I'd hope we can count on that. Now, if they don't win that game, THEN they don't "deserve it".

Blog Entries

I don't want perspective. I want to bitch...
    I gathered.

What I don't gather is why that bitching is not directed where it deserves to be directed. The players on the field that did the stupid things. Harbs can't go out on the field and hold their hands through each play. You want him to bench Suggs, Washington, Walker, Cousins, Mason and every other player that makes a mistake? He's fielding the best team he has, he expects them to go out and do their job. They boned it. They deserve the blame.

Yeah Colts.....

7. Re: Game Thread - Ravens/Steelers Round 2 - Now or Never!

Eh, I get pissy after repeated bonehead plays. When I get to Scotland, buy me a kilt and a pint we'll call it even.
    Pint and a whiskey and you've got a deal!

A kilt costs about $1,000!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    And I don't know if we're a force or not. What I do know is we can still play half decent defense, even on our 3rd string secondary, and we have one of the best running and play action games in football. Hell, Mason doesn't drop the easiest TD of his career we win this game.

What else can you say? You get it and see what happens.
    That's the problem. It's not the talent that's the problem. We shoot ourselves in the foot, over and over and over again. Ray knocking the crap out of Chad 85. Haushka costing us two games. Clayton dropping a fourth down pass against the Pats. Mason dropping an easy TD against the Squeelers that would've won us the game.

Outside of the Packers game, I don't think any team has beaten us on the field. We've beaten ourselves.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Agreed, but I'm still pulling for them.... And this week Indy and Philly! Some of that game was taken by the refs, some by Harbs, some by the players... it was a complete cluster fuck
    No one is going to stop pulling for them. But it's a stretch to think this team is going to turn on some switch and become dominant once the playoffs start.

And it's my right to feel like we are not deservant of backing into the playoffs without being told to shove it up my ass by someone who doesn't bother to participate in the thread the entire day and then slides in to attack me.

I'm tired of watching this team implode. TIRED of it. Aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I gathered.

What I don't gather is why that bitching is not directed where it deserves to be directed. The players on the field that did the stupid things. Harbs can't go out on the field and hold their hands through each play. You want him to bench Suggs, Washington, Walker, Cousins, Mason and every other player that makes a mistake? He's fielding the best team he has, he expects them to go out and do their job. They boned it. They deserve the blame.
    I'll take benching Walker and Cousins. Some mistakes I can forgive. Mason's drop is one of them because he makes so many plays to make up for it. Walker, a CB, almost single handidly lost us the game today. Cousins is a back-up tackle so we're thin at the posistion anyway.

How many TO have we blown this year because the offense wasn't ready? That's coaching. That's getting your guys ready to play. The not calling a TO when we had the Squeelers backed up at the end of the first half. That's a bad decision. Not because of what happened but because it wasted time we could possibly have used if we had held them.
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    No one is going to stop pulling for them. But it's a stretch to think this team is going to turn on some switch and become dominant once the playoffs start.

And it's my right to feel like we are not deservant of backing into the playoffs without being told to shove it up my ass by someone who doesn't bother to participate in the thread the entire day and then slides in to attack me.

I'm tired of watching this team implode. TIRED of it. Aren't you?
    Absolutely... costs me like $20 just to watch them implode... I'm thinking about asking Boscotti for a refund for Directv NFL package. But damn it, when this team is hot, they are shit hot!!!

Blog Entries

FUCK the NFL!! i have never seen a sports franchise receive the kind of generosity that they receive on outcome changing plays through out the years. coincidentally they are the nfl machines best earners. dont 4 sec forget that this is sports ENTERTAINMENT. & i dont want 2 here this we beat us shit, save the positive outlook shit for the athletes, thoughs are tactical penalties in a game that OC plays are like jewels that may only have value once.