Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sportsbar for Tomorrow's Game?

I know I brought this up at the tailgate Sunday and many seemed interested, so here's a semi-official thread for the Ravens diehards on this board to get together tomorrow at some establishment featuring good food, drink and plenty of (preferably HD) big screens to cheer on our Ravens against our most hated enemy.

Due to the fact that I now live close to 3,000 miles from here, I'm not exactly well versed anymore in the best sportsbars in the Baltimore region to hold such a gathering, so any suggestions you dudes and dudettes may have would be greatly appreciated.

Serving in the military, I don't normally get an opportunity to put names and faces together from this board, but I'd love to meet up with some of you, watch the game and shoot the shit with a group of diehard Ravens fans!

Any suggestions?

Re: Sportsbar for Tomorrow's Game?

I am in town as well and am staying in Fells.

Max's is usually my destination (sometimes shifts to Alexander's or J.A. Murphy's). You're welcome to join the group. I do not have a car this trip so if the settled upon spot changes to outside the city, I will have to pass.

Good idea, Houston!

How long are you in town for ravenous? I work Sunday, but would like to met up with fellow purple fans to celebrate a Ravens win.

Sucks you live so far away. At least your not down here in D.C. with all these foreskins fans.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Wink Re: Sportsbar for Tomorrow's Game?

You know I'd join up with you guys if I weren't out of town

I was quite pleasantly surprised that the Ravens-Steelers game is being shown out here (Colorado) as the firsthalf of a CBS doubleheader, so I won't have to find a sports bar until next week.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am in town as well and am staying in Fells.

Max's is usually my destination (sometimes shifts to Alexander's or J.A. Murphy's). You're welcome to join the group. I do not have a car this trip so if the settled upon spot changes to outside the city, I will have to pass.

Good idea, Houston!
    Actually Fell's Point wouldn't be a bad idea, HR. A central location is ideal. I'm up for it unless others have a better idea. I'll give it until later this evening for the think tank to add more suggestion and/or ideas and then we can make it happen in the morning. Preferably a place that serves breakfast or brunch, since ravenous also describes my appetite!

Kev, Fells, any ideas? Buehler?? Anyone??:D

Quote Originally Posted by Dade
    How long are you in town for ravenous? I work Sunday, but would like to met up with fellow purple fans to celebrate a Ravens win.

Sucks you live so far away. At least your not down here in D.C. with all these foreskins fans.
    I'm here until just after the Oakland game, which was done purposely so that I wouldn't be tempted to hop a last second flight to the cesspool known as the Black Hole.

We can definitely meet up and throw back a few adult beverages before I leave. And though I'm not surrounded by the Kenskin Kin, the hordes of Raiders and Cowboys fans that overpopulate my area are just as annoying!:grbac:

Unfortunately gonna have to pass this time my friend.
    The step daughter and her crew are coming over tommorrow due to one of her off sping being sick yesterday and not being able to make it over for the traditional holiday gathering day.

If she's lucky her kids won't have to be exposed to potential offending language that can tend to spew from my mouth when watching these epic battles between the good guys and villains dawning the piss & black.

Maybe the Raider game.

Hope you all enjoy the gathering if it happens.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I will not be out and about watching the game in any bars this week, but a suggestion I have is the Original Steakhouse in perry hall. It's on Joppa Road, and has many big screens and a good atmosphere. Though you will get a few fans outside of the Ravens ones, it's usually a good time either way. Just a though for those of you guys heading out

Hey, if you guys want to help provide the beer and pizza, I have a 73" screen I'll be watching the Ravens kick the Steeler's asses on tomorrow. :D

Sorry, a wife and two kids, one just 5 weeks old = Stinger not going to Fells Point. :(

Hey Ravenous - You're welcome to join me and Danny at the Tower in Bel Air. Shoot me an email (fdgrau @ yahoo . com) or give me a call if interested.

FYI, Here's directions to the Tower if interested:

-Take I-95 North.

-Take Exit 77 (Rt 24 towards Bel Air - Not Edgewood)

-Stay on Rt 24 for about 5 miles. Turn right on Rt 1 (@ McDonalds)

-From Rt 1, go up several lights and turn left on Main St.

-Go several blocks - The Tower is on the right.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

I should be good for Max's if you're interested fellas. Let me know if you're in and we can meet there - say around 12.30?

Kindly confirm here.

If you want to get a bite first, then maybe Slainte at 11.30ish is an idea?

Fred, do you go up to the Tower often? I have a music duo that plays there.

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    Hey Ravenous - You're welcome to join me and Danny at the Tower in Bel Air. Shoot me an email (fdgrau @ yahoo . com) or give me a call if interested.

FYI, Here's directions to the Tower if interested:

-Take I-95 North.

-Take Exit 77 (Rt 24 towards Bel Air - Not Edgewood)

-Stay on Rt 24 for about 5 miles. Turn right on Rt 1 (@ McDonalds)

-From Rt 1, go up several lights and turn left on Main St.

-Go several blocks - The Tower is on the right.
    Since I have business near the Inner Harbor after the game, I'm gonna get my Ravens/beer fix at Fells Point tomorrow Fred, but I'm definitely gonna be at the Tower for the Raiduhs game. Is that the same spot I met you at with my cousin Carlos in 2006?

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven
    I should be good for Max's if you're interested fellas. Let me know if you're in and we can meet there - say around 12.30?

Kindly confirm here.
    Max's at 12:30 it is... I assume the screens are plentiful and large enough?

If you want to get a bite first, then maybe Slainte at 11.30ish is an idea?
    Nah, I'll just heat up some eggs and hash before I leave the house in the morning... (Not THAT kind of hash, dude...)