Unhappy OT: R.I.P. Steve Barber

The Orioles first 20 game winner. A member of the "Baby Birds" who chased the Yankees into a final showdown series but coming up short in 1960. Tossed 8 2/3 innings of a no-hitter ulimately lost.

He had a fairly graceful windup for a lefty, a good pickoff move, and a cannon of an arm.

Thanks, Steve, for the memories you brought me as a kid.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: OT: R.I.P. Steve Barber

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The Orioles first 20 game winner. A member of the "Baby Birds" who chased the Yankees into a final showdown series but coming up short in 1960. Tossed 8 2/3 innings of a no-hitter ulimately lost.

He had a fairly graceful windup for a lefty, a good pickoff move, and a cannon of an arm.

I just heard as well.

I never saw him play but I remember my Dad talking about him. I really hope that one day the Oriole organization can get out of this misery (i.e. sold) and we can have a product and organization to be proud of again.

RIP Mr. Barber.

Re: OT: R.I.P. Steve Barber

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Mr T can't agree with you more on Steve Barber. He was from Maryland and was a very strong lefty that was the O's first 20 game winner. He was very nice to talk to and he was my favorite O's pitcher. With the salaries today just think how much he would have made today.

RIP / Steve thanks for makng my childhood better. You left us way too early