Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

YBR going into the cesspool

Scout in general is headed south. Most of the users hate the new software.

YBR in particular has hit the pits. Juvenile posters, SLOW software, because of all the ads, and constant pimping for money, a lot of which is by our own Aaron Wison, I'm sad to say.

What was once a great board has slid right into the septic tank. Mourn it.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Re: YBR going into the cesspool

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post

YBR in particular has hit the pits. Juvenile posters, SLOW software, because of all the ads, and constant pimping for money, a lot of which is by our own Aaron Wison, I'm sad to say.

I don't go there except to occasionally lurk, but I wouldn't give Aaron a hard time over pimping for money. The guy supplies the best Ravens coverage bar none, and I have no idea how he gets paid for the quality of his work.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    The guy supplies the best Ravens coverage bar none, and I have no idea how he gets paid for the quality of his work.
    He probably gets a paycheck from the Carroll County Times, who he works for.

I have given up on posting at YBR. It takes too long for the responses and threads to post.

That said, lay off on Aaron Wilson. He is the best thing in Baltimore Ravens news in this area.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

He also receives a little bit of money from the crayon forum if I'm not mistaken.

With mods like DRay over there, I won't be renewing my subscription.

Come on PR, you fit in great over there with your Boller hating buddies.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    He probably gets a paycheck from the Carroll County Times, who he works for.
    I agree. I get one of those community papers too, and at least here, it's a rag. I can't imagine they pay much.

I'm not suggesting we should all get together & cry about poor Aaron Wilson, I'm just saying, he's dedicated and skilled, and I don't begrudge him trying to earn a buck any more then I begrudge Boulware for trying out for the Bucks. God bless 'em both. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    He also receives a little bit of money from the crayon forum if I'm not mistaken.

Come on PR, you fit in great over there with your Boller hating buddies.
    That forum has actually turned into a whine and cry session for old Baltimore Colt fans. It is pathetic and embarrassing to see the number of threads from those crybabies that can't get over something that happened two decades ago.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    That forum has actually turned into a whine and cry session for old Baltimore Colt fans. It is pathetic and embarrassing to see the number of threads from those crybabies that can't get over something that happened two decades ago.
    What a ridiculous statement! I was 9 when the Colts left so I don't feel the pain that they do. However if the Ravens left for Portland 10 years from now I would NEVER get over it! I would go to my grave cursing the Portland Ravens! And you would to ya hypocrite bastard!
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    What a ridiculous statement! I was 9 when the Colts left so I don't feel the pain that they do. However if the Ravens left for Portland 10 years from now I would NEVER get over it! I would go to my grave cursing the Portland Ravens! And you would to ya hypocrite bastard!
    "Bastard"?!! Don't you think that's a little *harsh*?

Get over the rage. You don't have to get over the grief, but get over the rage.
    Festivus

I agree -- the new format over there is not too attractive.

My main beef with it is that runs so slow. I think DRay posted that the Scout people wrote the software from scratch. Why? There must be a dozen good, free message board software packages that are easy to install and customize. No sense in reinventing the wheel.

Red face Re: YBR going into the cesspool

Agree about the software, which was not the idea of the local Scout team. As to being "SLOW", I don't see any difference.

Disagree, strongly, about Aaron Wilson. That site is dependent on subscriptions to keep going. Aaron is just doing his part. He also attracts many participants - he is Baltimore's best sports journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I disagree with him a lot, but DRay works hard to maintain that site.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    PR: your flaming schtick about the Baltimore Colts fans is wearing thin. Whatever stimulated your anti-Baltimore hatred, you should re-examine yourself. Nobody gives a shit about your hatred towards old Colts fans. Baltimore Colts fans became Baltimore Ravens fans. Without the Baltimore Colts fan base, which kept the candles burning for 12 long years, there would be no Baltimore Ravens. Criticizing us would be akin to criticizing your parents for procreating you.:bag:

Why don't you move your anti-Baltimore flaming to a Steelers, Browns, or Redskins board?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).