Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's game

Tonight's game

Well, i'm gonna do my best to stay up till 2:30am and get some of tonight's action...

Any predictions on this one guys?

Obviously looking for the Dolphins to win, I think they could sneak this one

Re: Tonight's game

Dolphins 21-10
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

If the Dolphins can get up early, take the crowd out of the game and make Pittsburgh throw it, they will win. Batch is a capable game manager, but he won't win games for Pittsburgh.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I'd love to see the Squeelers lose, and they just might, but if I had to pick a winner, I'd have to go with them. First game of the season, at home, after winning the Super Bowl -- they will be fired up and so will their fans. I also have a suspicion that the Dolphins might be a tad overrated. Then again, I do like the addition of Culpepper -- okay, bottom line is that I don't really have a clue, but if forced to make a pick, it'd be the Steelers.

Argh, another example of ESPN's ineptitude...they're only showing the game here at 2 a.m. because earlier there's the U.S. Open...which OHSOMANY people will be watching ¬¬

I don't think Miami has anything close to the Steelers' talents. If Ben R were playing, I would expect a 10 point Sreelers win. With Batch, it should be closer, but I can't see Miami winning.

History shows the Steelers struggle to win without Ben. I think Miami wins a close one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    History shows the Steelers struggle to win without Ben. I think Miami wins a close one.
    They are 4 and 2 with Batch at the helm in the past two seasons. I think with them being at home and pumped, they will eek out a win.

Dammit!
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

They are 4 and 2 with Batch at the helm in the past two seasons.
    Huh, I thought their record was much worse than that. I guess I was thinking about when the chinless one, Tommy Maddox, was at the helm.

They can win without Ben, especially at home. If the game were in Miami I'd have a different prediction, but I just can't see the Steelers losing at home in their first home game after winning the Super Bowl.

BUT -- if they do lose, at home, in their first game after winning the Super Bowl, then I think I like our chances of finishing ahead of them. I know, it's only one game, but it could set a tone if they lose.

Steelers at home? It's going to depend on if the running game can get moving without Bettis. If they can, then the Steelers will win. But if they force Batch to throw the ball around, I think Miami can hang with them.

God....all this steeler loving is making me sick....let's play ball!!
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998