Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Heroes & Goats (Snow Plow Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Up 24 points in a game that was already over? I don't give a damn if he played Matt Katula, as long as it ain't our BEST CB.

His draft position is irrelevant in this scenario; Webb doesn't play like a 3rd Round pick...:grbac:
    only 45 dress on gamedays...

Tallavou it is... or Brandon McKinny they are our new gunners.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    only 45 dress on gamedays...

Tallavou it is... or Brandon McKinny they are our new gunners.
    I say we should commend R52 for not letting reality get in the way of his expectations.
    Last edited by effo5231; 12-22-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Who took Webb's place after he went out with an injury? I think that scrub can handle it. Again what other team puts there top corner in punt coverage? All of those coaches seem to manage special teams with 45 guys dressed. Hell, we even freed up a roster spot by screwing with our kicking game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Who took Webb's place after he went out with an injury? I think that scrub can handle it. Again what other team puts there top corner in punt coverage? All of those coaches seem to manage special teams with 45 guys dressed. Hell, we even freed up a roster spot by screwing with our kicking game this season.
    Polomalu got hurt on a kick(punt/XP/FG?) block.

Foxworth has covered punts all year.

Maybe we should bring back Yamon Figurs. He can gun and maybe return...

I would imagine that Zbikowski or someoen similar had to fill in for him after that point, oh wait, he's already out there. Seriously, it may have had to bea guy like JJ, or Troy Smith. Basically all the young S, CB, LB and RB(except Rice) make up your coverage teams. Many times FB's and TE's are good choices, but we only have one of each. Edgar Jones should be out there.

Don't forget, the deep depth scrubs of whom you speak, are in streeet clothes and ineligible.

I think some folks just don't like Harbs and are looking for anything they can to criticize him for.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I think some folks just don't like Harbs and are looking for anything they can to criticize him for.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding. Hot dog we have a wiener!

That's exactly what it is.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Could be right, but Harbaugh keeps feeding the beast as well. WTF was the decision to punt at the end of the half about on a very doable 4th and 2, with not even 20 seconds left on the clock for the struggling Bears offense to mount a scoring drive even if we didn't convert?

Flacco was on a roll, Ray Rice was on a roll, Todd Heap was on a roll, Derrick Mason was on a roll... Why wouldn't he go for it at home with his main offensive components clicking on all cylinders and with an extremely low risk of being bitten in the ass by it?

Head-scratching to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Could be right, but Harbaugh keeps feeding the beast as well. WTF was the decision to punt at the end of the half about on a very doable 4th and 2, with not even 20 seconds left on the clock for the struggling Bears offense to mount a scoring drive even if we didn't convert?
    Because he was up by a TD and our Defense was hitting on all cylinders, not allowing to even sniff points. And didnt we get the ball back to start the 2nd half?

Coaches are judge by their entire body of work, not one play here or there, removed from the context of the entire game.

He's about to put us in the playoffs for the 2nd time in as many years. How many HC's have managed to accomplish that their first two years in the league?

Losac is right, IMO. I don't think anyone on these boards will disagree with you he has some issues that need to be addressed. It's the impact of those issues is where you're seeing resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Because he was up by a TD and our Defense was hitting on all cylinders, not allowing to even sniff points. And didnt we get the ball back to start the 2nd half?

Coaches are judge by their entire body of work, not one play here or there, removed from the context of the entire game.

He's about to put us in the playoffs for the 2nd time in as many years. How many HC's have managed to accomplish that their first two years in the league?

Losac is right, IMO. I don't think anyone on these boards will disagree with you he has some issues that need to be addressed. It's the impact of those issues is where you're seeing resistance.

Well said.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I don't remind the resistance, in fact, resistance training helps build the lean muscle mass needed to type Heroes & Goats on a weekly basis.;)

I like to look beyond the surface when it comes to the little coaching faux pas' that we tend to overlook, because eventually they will bite us in the derrière (hey, two French references in one sentence...Greg would be proud...:D)... and then the piss, vinegar and outrage will consume the board as usual.

And BTW, your mention of how great our defense was playing at the time only REINFORCES my point about the relatively low risk of going for the 4th & 2 conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Right...because being the blocker on punt return is such a dangerous job. We call it the Widow Maker!

His ACL tear could have happened on any play ST or not. To blame Harbaugh for having a great special teamer play special teams is ridiculous.... You only get 45 roster spots on game day and there aren't a lot of guys on this team fast enough to play out there on the edge.... Who would you have put out there instead?
    It was a blunder by Harbaugh. NO TEAM uses it's best cover corner as a gunner escpecially in a 31-7 game. AS for who to put at gunner, Cary Williams, David Tyree, Frank Walker, the guy they just cut Paschal any one. I am not a Harbaugh fan, but think he wil develop into a fine head coach but he is very political and has his agenda's, one of which IMO is to get his buddy Rosbaugh a HC job.

Webb at gunner was a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    It was a blunder by Harbaugh. NO TEAM uses it's best cover corner as a gunner escpecially in a 31-7 game. AS for who to put at gunner, Cary Williams, David Tyree, Frank Walker, the guy they just cut Paschal any one. I am not a Harbaugh fan, but think he wil develop into a fine head coach but he is very political and has his agenda's, one of which IMO is to get his buddy Rosbaugh a HC job.

Webb at gunner was a mistake.
    +1

Abso-smurf-ly bro... Only difference is I think that he CAN develop into a fine head coach. I'm not positive he WILL just yet...