Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

I kinda think BB will stay regardless of whether we make the playoffs, and as Greg pointed out, how well the team composes itself. The meltdown in Detroit better not repeat itself, it would show that Billick is not in charge of his team.
    Even if BB goes, I'm not sure Fassel is the one Bisciotti would pick. Who would succeed him, Mariucci? Is there a better guy out there?
    I'm hoping that the team makes the playoffs and goes deep in them!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

it would be nice to have the chiefs or bengals oline

Sting, while Ozzie may not value certain positions in the way we like there is no way he gets fired. We are at minimum one onf the 3 best drafting teams in the league. He also hired a coach that won us a Super Bowl. Ozzie has earned the right to hire the next head coach of this franchise (Kirk Ferentz).
    But are we GreenWave? To be honest, I think we need to see how Chris Chester, Dan Cody, Adam Terry, and Jason Brown work out first. Getting Ray Lewis and Jon Odgen was brillance. That was also now 10 years ago. Getting Todd Heap was brillance. That was 5 years ago. In the meantime the offensive line has been a chief concern since Leon Searcy went down, and we've goofed it up constantly with guys like Ethan Brooks (I'll never forget the 2004 Cleveland Game 1), Orlando Brown, Keydrick Vincent and picking Mike Flynn to stay at center over Casey Rabach. And then passing over guys in FA that at the least could have held our line in check while these rookies come up the system.

In the meantime multiple quarterbacks get injured behind our offensive line, and we now have to RELY on Steve McNair to HOPEFULLY be able to beat blitzes every time.

Ozzie has to take some responsibility for this. I realize it's an unpopular opinion to have, but I think Ozzie's gone blameless for the team's problems for way too long.

Ozzie gets to many free passes. He has had not only his share of success but also some major clinkers. Besides, I think you must evaluate not only the drafts but the free agent acquisitions and that has also been spotty IMO. So I would rate him as slightly above average. My biggest beef is with the philosophy they hold, that any fat guy can be a lineman. As we have seen, not so!

I think he has started on the right foot:D

Blog Entries

Yup. I'm glad my nightmare 0-6 scenario has been nixed!
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

I think he'll be sleeping well tonight, as will the rest of the front office. And a whole slew of Ravens fans too!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello