Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    I think a lot depends on how many injuries we have and also how the team composes itself.
    I agree, and this is also a factor that complicates matters. Bisciotti places an emphasis on how Billick interacts with the press, his scouts, his players, to a degree that I think is probably uncommon among NFL owners. If Billick meets those expectations and the team goes 8-8, maybe that will be good enough for Bisciotti. If the team goes 10-6 but the team has issues that Bisiciotti decides is Billick's fault, then he's in trouble.

If not for "Next Man Up" we wouldn't even have a clue about Bisciotti's attitude, and even with that book, we still don't have a solid clue about what he thinks is most important. If they have a Detroit type meltdown, Billick could be in Bisciotti's doghouse even if they make the playoffs.

Absolutely no chance Billick is brought back if the Ravens go 8-8.

I think 8-8 would keep him, but I'm not sure if he wants to stay. He's getting very upset with the lack of offensive peronnel given to him by the FO. I can see Brian leaving before firing.

I really don't like the "new" Billick. Nobody was complaining about his arrogance when we were winning.

I never thought Billick needed to change. I always thought it was the players that needed to change. Namely the Lewis brothers. When players think they are bigger than the coach or the team for that matter, then it is time for them to go.

All i can say is that if billick goes because of team performance, then the guy that put that team together should go as well.

I think Billick will have to finish at least 9-7 and make the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Let me be the devil's advocate for a moment. What say you all about the scenario where he doesn't make it through the season. With the exception of Oakland and Cleveland, the first 6 games are tough. How many times have we looked past an easy opponent and lost in a big nasty way. I'm almost more worried about Oakland than the Bucs because of the team's penchant for waltzing into what should be easy games and losing.

So, in an 0-6 scenario, does Billick make it past the Bye week. Does JF take the reigns?

Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

With the team we have 8-8 is a reasonable expectation. I hope I am wrong, but if the preseason (minus the first drive everyone is creaming over) is any iindication McNair will be on his back quite a bit and we will have a hard time moving the ball.

Billick should definitely be fired for drafting such shitty offensive linemen the last 6 years. And for Billick not to offer a lucrative contract to Casy Rabach a few years ago is inexcusable.

This teams oline other than Ogden is crap. Last year they were describe as "Jonathan Ogden and four turds" by an insider on the profootballtalk site. And that just about sums it up. This team has not had a good O-line since 1997. All the proof you need to see that O-line is king is to look at the teams that were in the playoffs and SB last year. Indy had a great line all year long. Their O-line had a lapse in the playoffs last year and Manning looked like Boller.

Venting complete.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

I don't think Ogden is close to what he once was, and even if he was his retirement is iminent. We have really made no contingency plans to replace the one solid piece of our line. We are pinning our hopes on some projects panning out.

I'm not saying you have to have a pro-bowler at every position, but I'd rather have 5 solid guys than one high paid tackle and 4 scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin
    Let me be the devil's advocate for a moment. What say you all about the scenario where he doesn't make it through the season. With the exception of Oakland and Cleveland, the first 6 games are tough. How many times have we looked past an easy opponent and lost in a big nasty way. I'm almost more worried about Oakland than the Bucs because of the team's penchant for waltzing into what should be easy games and losing.

So, in an 0-6 scenario, does Billick make it past the Bye week. Does JF take the reigns?

In this scenario I think Billick would definitely be gone, and as distasteful as it would be to me, Fassel would become interim coach.
    I must say, I'm finding it very interesting how now that McNair is here we suddenly have a problem with the OL. Last year the prevailing belief seemed to be that it wasn't the OL at all but our inept quarterback. ;)

I must say, I'm finding it very interesting how now that McNair is here we suddenly have a problem with the OL. Last year the prevailing belief seemed to be that it wasn't the OL at all but our inept quarterback.
    And the year before that: it was Matt Cavanaugh!

For many of us, it has been the o-line for a number of years.

I'm not saying you have to have a pro-bowler at every position, but I'd rather have 5 solid guys than one high paid tackle and 4 scrubs.

For many of us, it has been the o-line for a number of years.
    Exactly. I have been complaining about this O-line since 1998. If you watch any other good to average team in the NFL, the QB actually has time to make a 7-step drop, set his feet, and then throw. How many other teams have had their QB sacked on a running play?

For those saying people are only now complaing about the o-line must be referring to the old Boller Bashing threads on the other board. If you mentioned that the O-line was inadequate over there you were insulted and told a good QB can make the O-line better. :insane: Or that you were a Boller appologist if you mentioned the inadequacies of the O-line. In the circles I run most people have been complaining about the oline for over 5 years now. Hell the O-line wasn;t even that good in our Super Bowl run. I had recently watched some of the old games from that year thinking "how the hell did Banks get that ball off" He had to throw the ball without even completing his drop due to the pressure. :grbac:

Flynn might be a great guy, and Mulitallo is a pillar of the community, but hell I know plumbers and accountants that are pillars of the community, they aren' playing pro football and nither should most of these guys on our O-line.
    :bag:
    Section 106 from start to finish!