Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

How many wins do you expect from the Ravens to be satisfied having him coach another season?

Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

With the challenging schedule they have, I think he should (emphasis on "should" as opposed to "will") be safe if they go 9-7. But then again, if they go 9-7 and miss the playoffs, who knows? I remember that idiot in San Francisco firing Mooch after they made the playoffs and lost a close game in the first round, so who really knows? We also don't really have a track record with Bisciotti, so it's hard to predict how he'll react.

But 9-7 would be a three game improvement over last year's train wreck, and given the tough schedule, would not represent a massive underacheivement. I hope we do better than that so this discussion ultimately won't matter at the end of the season.

I think 8-8 (a two game improvement) should do it.

I would hope that we get 4 divisional wins and maybe even 5 depending on when we hit the road at Pitt!

I'm pray for 12 wins but know its not going to happen but hey, on any given sunday...

I like Billick by the way, I really hope he turns things around this year, I feel the addition of McNair will take us to the playoffs! :ire:

9 wins in conjuncture with a horrible injury year(McNair, or Cmac and Rolle, Jo and Pashos or Terry).
    or
    10 wins in or out of playoffs. Should be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    I think 8-8 (a two game improvement) should do it.

T - I think Steve B's expectations are higher than yours. Mine are too. Anything less than 10 wins and/or the playoffs and I think Brian will be gone.

I do not think 8-8 will do it. 9-7 AT MINIMUM.

T, I know you have said you view the team as a 7-9, 8-8 team, but I do not feel that Bischiotti does. I think Bischiotti feels that the pieces are there for a playoff run and anything short of that will mean Billick is gone.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I think we have to go deep in the playoffs for Billick to be retained, and I really doubt we'll be able to pull that off. I think Steve laid the groundwork of how he will react to failure or perceived failure last year ~ Billick is in deep trouble if this team doesn't win and win big. If I had to make a guess now, I'd say he's gone after this season.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I think a lot depends on how many injuries we have and also how the team composes itself. A Detroit-like melt down is worth 3-4 losses while an OT loss to Cincy or Pittspuke on the road would not weight too hard on him. A win total has too many variables, but a composed team playing with passion for 60 minutes each week will do it. If we don't have injuries to a lot of key people we should win 9-12 games if we play like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN
    I think we have to go deep in the playoffs for Billick to be retained,
    I think if we make the playoffs at all, Billick gets retained, even if we go out in the first round. It's not as if the expectations are that high for this team, aside from us fans and a few NFL commentators/analysts. Steve can and will do whatever he wants, but if we make the playoffs, firing Billick would be a mistake.

The big question is not what the fans, commentators, pundits expectations for us are ~ there is only one vote that matters and that's Bisciotti's. I will be very surpprised if anything less than a playoff run keeps Billick's job. I think he came within a gnat's ass of getting canned last year and Bisciotti doesn't strike me as being very patient. I hope I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything to convince me that he will have any better control of the team this year than he did last year. Everyone is playing nice now but the bullets haven't started flying yet.

I think Billick needs to make the playoffs and possibly win a game. A blowout loss in the first round won't help him.