Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?



    I really don't like the "new" Billick. Nobody was complaining about his arrogance when we were winning.

    I never thought Billick needed to change. I always thought it was the players that needed to change. Namely the Lewis brothers. When players think they are bigger than the coach or the team for that matter, then it is time for them to go.

    All i can say is that if billick goes because of team performance, then the guy that put that team together should go as well.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    844

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    I think Billick will have to finish at least 9-7 and make the playoffs.






  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Probably on the wrong side of the road.
    Posts
    3,045
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    Let me be the devil's advocate for a moment. What say you all about the scenario where he doesn't make it through the season. With the exception of Oakland and Cleveland, the first 6 games are tough. How many times have we looked past an easy opponent and lost in a big nasty way. I'm almost more worried about Oakland than the Bucs because of the team's penchant for waltzing into what should be easy games and losing.

    So, in an 0-6 scenario, does Billick make it past the Bye week. Does JF take the reigns?

    Admin Steve
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Catonsville
    Posts
    200

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    With the team we have 8-8 is a reasonable expectation. I hope I am wrong, but if the preseason (minus the first drive everyone is creaming over) is any iindication McNair will be on his back quite a bit and we will have a hard time moving the ball.

    Billick should definitely be fired for drafting such shitty offensive linemen the last 6 years. And for Billick not to offer a lucrative contract to Casy Rabach a few years ago is inexcusable.

    This teams oline other than Ogden is crap. Last year they were describe as "Jonathan Ogden and four turds" by an insider on the profootballtalk site. And that just about sums it up. This team has not had a good O-line since 1997. All the proof you need to see that O-line is king is to look at the teams that were in the playoffs and SB last year. Indy had a great line all year long. Their O-line had a lapse in the playoffs last year and Manning looked like Boller.

    Venting complete.
    Section 106 from start to finish!




  5. #20

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    I don't think Ogden is close to what he once was, and even if he was his retirement is iminent. We have really made no contingency plans to replace the one solid piece of our line. We are pinning our hopes on some projects panning out.

    I'm not saying you have to have a pro-bowler at every position, but I'd rather have 5 solid guys than one high paid tackle and 4 scrubs.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mesa Arizona
    Posts
    536

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin
    Let me be the devil's advocate for a moment. What say you all about the scenario where he doesn't make it through the season. With the exception of Oakland and Cleveland, the first 6 games are tough. How many times have we looked past an easy opponent and lost in a big nasty way. I'm almost more worried about Oakland than the Bucs because of the team's penchant for waltzing into what should be easy games and losing.

    So, in an 0-6 scenario, does Billick make it past the Bye week. Does JF take the reigns?

    In this scenario I think Billick would definitely be gone, and as distasteful as it would be to me, Fassel would become interim coach.
    I must say, I'm finding it very interesting how now that McNair is here we suddenly have a problem with the OL. Last year the prevailing belief seemed to be that it wasn't the OL at all but our inept quarterback.




  7. #22

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    I must say, I'm finding it very interesting how now that McNair is here we suddenly have a problem with the OL. Last year the prevailing belief seemed to be that it wasn't the OL at all but our inept quarterback.
    And the year before that: it was Matt Cavanaugh!





  8. #23

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    For many of us, it has been the o-line for a number of years.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Catonsville
    Posts
    200

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    I'm not saying you have to have a pro-bowler at every position, but I'd rather have 5 solid guys than one high paid tackle and 4 scrubs.

    For many of us, it has been the o-line for a number of years.
    Exactly. I have been complaining about this O-line since 1998. If you watch any other good to average team in the NFL, the QB actually has time to make a 7-step drop, set his feet, and then throw. How many other teams have had their QB sacked on a running play?

    For those saying people are only now complaing about the o-line must be referring to the old Boller Bashing threads on the other board. If you mentioned that the O-line was inadequate over there you were insulted and told a good QB can make the O-line better. Or that you were a Boller appologist if you mentioned the inadequacies of the O-line. In the circles I run most people have been complaining about the oline for over 5 years now. Hell the O-line wasn;t even that good in our Super Bowl run. I had recently watched some of the old games from that year thinking "how the hell did Banks get that ball off" He had to throw the ball without even completing his drop due to the pressure.

    Flynn might be a great guy, and Mulitallo is a pillar of the community, but hell I know plumbers and accountants that are pillars of the community, they aren' playing pro football and nither should most of these guys on our O-line.
    Section 106 from start to finish!




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carney
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    For many of us, it has been the o-line for a number of years.
    Exactly! And if we did blame it on the O-Line then we were "Boller Huggers". The QB and RB will only be as good as the O-Line. Period.




  11. #26

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    Flynn has had more NFL players plow through him than the Hilton sisters.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mesa Arizona
    Posts
    536

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    Quote Originally Posted by hurting
    For those saying people are only now complaing about the o-line must be referring to the old Boller Bashing threads on the other board. If you mentioned that the O-line was inadequate over there you were insulted and told a good QB can make the O-line better. Or that you were a Boller appologist if you mentioned the inadequacies of the O-line. In the circles I run most people have been complaining about the oline for over 5 years now. Hell the O-line wasn;t even that good in our Super Bowl run. I had recently watched some of the old games from that year thinking "how the hell did Banks get that ball off" He had to throw the ball without even completing his drop due to the pressure.
    That is what I was referring to, I remember getting pummelled regularly at draft time when I would complain about our lack of attention to the OL. I also was called a "Hugger" for implying that the OL was significantly responsible for our offensive ineptitude. It is amusing and refreshing to see it now acknowledged as a problem.. Now, if only we could convince the powers that be maybe the problem could be seriously addressed.




  13. #28

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    - Keep the team competetive
    - Keep the team focused and together
    - Win on the road
    - Stop the bickering with the press

    I don't think we need to make the playoffs for Brain to keep his job. I think making the team competetive this season will be enough. I'm reminded of the patience the Steelers brass has had with 'the chin'.

    Do you think that type of patience is good or bad in today's NFL? I personally think it is good, especially if the coach has a decent track record.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"




  14. #29

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreRon
    - Keep the team competetive
    - Keep the team focused and together
    - Win on the road
    - Stop the bickering with the press

    I don't think we need to make the playoffs for Brain to keep his job. I think making the team competetive this season will be enough. I'm reminded of the patience the Steelers brass has had with 'the chin'.

    Do you think that type of patience is good or bad in today's NFL? I personally think it is good, especially if the coach has a decent track record.

    DITTO




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mesa Arizona
    Posts
    536

    Re: What does Billick need to do to stay on board?

    I think the kind of patience you are citing, Ron is essential in today's NFL. Things can go one way or the other very quickly and knee jerk reactions do nothing to improve the situation. After this past off season I'm just not sure Bisciotti has that kind of patience. Time will tell..




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland