Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Over It!

I'm Over It!

Leading into last night’s Super Bowl XLI, like so many others here in Baltimore, I dreaded the thought of Jimmy Irsay hoisting the Lombardi Trophy and the Indianapolis Colts being World Champions. The Colts as champions right on the heels of a Steelers' World Championship campaign seemed just a little too unfair.

As the clock ticked away while Rex Grossman completed his best impersonation of Kyle Boller on his worst day and it became increasingly apparent that the Colts would win, I wasn’t as uncomfortable or agitated as I thought I’d be. Was I ready to emphatically proclaim that I indeed was over it?

More here: http://www.profootball24x7.com/colum...7&view=archive

Re: I'm Over It!

I'm done with football for a while. I just can't wait until traning camp starts in July.
    FOOTBALL IS BACK!! YOUR 2010 BALTIMORE RAVENS! SUPER BOWL OR BUST

Thumbs down Re: I'm Over It!

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    As the clock ticked away while Rex Grossman completed his best impersonation of Kyle Boller on his worst day
    If Grossman, with 2 interceptions and a fumble against the Colts, was impersonating a Ravens QB, it would have to be McNair, with with 2 interceptions and a fumble lost against the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    and it became increasingly apparent that the Colts would win, I wasn’t as uncomfortable or agitated as I thought I’d be. Was I ready to emphatically proclaim that I indeed was over it?
    I won't get over it until the Baltimore Colts records are severally recognized and until the media stops making dumbass statements such as what we heard last night: "this was the 2nd Super Bowl Championship in the history of this franchise"
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    If Grossman, with 2 interceptions and a fumble against the Colts, was impersonating a Ravens QB, it would have to be McNair, with with 2 interceptions and a fumble lost against the Colts.

I won't get over it until the Baltimore Colts records are severally recognized and until the media stops making dumbass statements such as what we heard last night: "this was the 2nd Super Bowl Championship in the history of this franchise"

I feel far less bitter this year, where the Colts went out and showed, quite clearly, that they were the better team, than I did last year, where the Steelers played a poor game and needed some help from the officials to beat Seattle. The Colts played a good game. The Bears did not. End of discussion.

I don't think the Colts were the best team in football this year, but they were one of the elite four (the four AFC division winners) and had as much right to this title as any of the others. The only reason I'm bitter at all is not because it was the Colts that won, but because it wasn't the Ravens. We squandered the most talented team we've ever had without winning a playoff game. But I believe we can repeat our division championship next year and make a better playoff push, hopefully finishing in a Super Bowl championship. So I'm still very optimistic about this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Then I guess you'll live a miserable life unnecessarily (or just move to Indy for hell's sake), because the fact is that this IS the Colts second SB win. They have to be the first franchise to win the SB in two different cities.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Then I guess you'll live a miserable life unnecessarily (or just move to Indy for hell's sake), because the fact is that this IS the Colts second SB win. They have to be the first franchise to win the SB in two different cities.
    Wrong. The Raiders won Super Bowls in Oakland (1977, 1981) and Los Angeles (1984).

Dont worry guys.

We are going to comeback this year with the EXACT same vets!! EXACT SAME!! No one is leaving but AD and thats not even a sure thing. McNair, Mason, Heap, Pryce, CMac, Ray, and the rest will all be back. Plus another excellent draft in April and we are gearing up for a SB run.

Chin up!!
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

We'll see what happens.

Main things that need to change is making the offense somewhere fit McNair.

I wouldn't be at all broken up if Mason was gone

The fact that we won the SB before Indy made a world of difference for me.
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Yea I was pretty bummed about the Colts winning too. It almost seems as if the Colts got every call and every break go their way during the playoffs. Rex Grossman showed the world he should not be allowed anywhere near a starting QB's job in the NFL. He played 10 times worse than I thought he ever could, and looked like a candy ass fumbling the ball and under-throwing his receivers. He really let his entire team down.

I refuse to watch ESPN between the hours of 7am and 6pm because all they are going to talk about until baseball spring training is Peyton fuckin' Manning. I won't be able to stand it.

Bring on April at the 'Yard.
    DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Bring on April at the 'Yard.
    Someone get this man some football!!
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton