Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bears did not make it in last night.

Their charter sat on the ground for two hours and never left per the weather channel. They are trying to get in later this afternoon. Looking at the weather map I do not know how that will be possible. Can you say Monday Double header.

Re: Bears did not make it in last night.

I'm looking all over the internet and not finding any corroboration. Anybody heard anything like this anywhere? Links would be preferred.

ETA: Nevermind... I found one.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Wow!!
    Just wow!!!

That ain't good.

Might be good for us if they actualy make it in and the game stays at its currently scheduled day and time.
    We'll be playing a team that will likely be sleep walking.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Between this and Houston last year, we can infer only one thing. Weather hates us and doesn't like it when we play on time.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Between this and Houston last year, we can infer only one thing. Weather hates us and doesn't like it when we play on time.
    LOL

I was just thinking the same thing when I made my previous post.

Why do we seem to be the unfortunate victims of weather related setbacks causing unwanted bumps in the road to stay focused and on schedule.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

How dumb could they be? They knew it was gonna be a shitkicking snowstorm on Saturday and yet they didn't come in Friday night?

:insane:

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    How dumb could they be? They knew it was gonna be a shitkicking snowstorm on Saturday and yet they didn't come in Friday night?

:insane:
    Did you read the link?

They tried and the flight was cancelled.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I think if I were the Bears official in charge of transportation, I'd have scheduled the flight a couple hours earlier than 11:30PM EST, but oh well. MNF works for me, even if it won't be shown nationally. I'm guessing it'll still be on Fox 45, of course I'll be there anyway. I know Billick won't mind the delay since he lives in the area.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

If they could not make it in yesterday I don't see how they get in today. I wonder if they fly in early tomorrow and try and keep the game at 4 or maybe even move to 8 tomorrow night. You would think they would want to stay away from playing this on Monday night.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Its total BS if the Bears force the game to be played on Monday b/c of their poor planning . No one in Ravens organization wants to have a short week going into the Pittsburgh game especially since it is most likely their toughest challenge out of these last 3 games. Football players & coaches absolutely hate sitting around with extra time in a hotel room.

Wink Re: Bears did not make it in last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    If they could not make it in yesterday I don't see how they get in today. I wonder if they fly in early tomorrow and try and keep the game at 4 or maybe even move to 8 tomorrow night. You would think they would want to stay away from playing this on Monday night.
    Why not Monday night? They could split-screen with Redskins Cowboys.

I really don't see it delayed that long after clearing the field. I would not be surprised to see the Bears arrive at BWI on Sunday late morning, which should still provide the sleep-deprived Bears players a few hours to stretch. If there's another flight delay, the kick-off could be delayed a few hours until they arrive - this was not going to be the national TV game anyway.

PFT reports:

A source with knowledge of the situation describes as "doubtful" the possibility that the window will open at any point on Saturday, and that the more likely outcome is that the Bears will fly to Baltimore on Sunday morning.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

• Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!