Thread: UK Trip

UK Trip

Good Afternoon Gents,

I am planning a trip to Ireland and the UK for next summer and was hoping to get some input from everyone.

Last year, I made it to Dublin for the U2 concert and did all the tourist stuff but now I want to see both cities (Dublin & London) as a local would. We are staying in London for the UK portion but many of the group want to drive around Ireland and see the country.

Any suggestions?

Re: UK Trip

I can't offer much help here, if it was anywhere in Scotland maybe, but I'm sure some of the others can help with London and Niall (Irish Raven) and James (James R) will likely know Dublin.

Re: UK Trip - and Eire.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Good Afternoon Gents,

I am planning a trip to Ireland and the UK for next summer and was hoping to get some input from everyone.

Last year, I made it to Dublin for the U2 concert and did all the tourist stuff but now I want to see both cities (Dublin & London) as a local would. We are staying in London for the UK portion but many of the group want to drive around Ireland and see the country.

Any suggestions?
    :ww:

Tania and I were also looking at a Dublin Trip to meet up with the Irish Ravens sometime next year. Put some proposed dates down and we'll see what works.

Any concerts in Dublin are a great idea, we both love good rock music.

For the English, the world cup of soccer will be on in June / July - and they play you guys. You should at least factor in the match dates.
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    but many of the group want to drive around Ireland and see the country.
    céad míle fáilte :ire:
    Well if you're coming back check out Guinness Storehouse if you didn't do that already. So you can sample the local produce
    I'd say you and your friends should hire a car and drive around the country, don't stay in Dublin all the time.

Head over to West Cork, Kerry and Connemara on the West Coast. Trip out the Aran Islands too, see Dun Aengus. With a few of ye hiring a car it'll be well affordable.

I won't write a massive post with loads of suggestions but certainly post back or pm me with any questions.

If you were to do one thing on your trip, I'd do this! It's fantastic
    http://www.skelligexperience.com
    This too http://www.shannonheritage.com/Attra...astleFolkPark/

And now I'm going to have to figure out how to change my username, two Irish Ravens here with me and Niall. I get confused myself :D Anyone know?

Alas, no World Cup football here so head over to the guys in UK when the USA are playing them, some banter!

As per the 'Get your passports updated' thread on the main board, Houston is waiting to see if the Ravens in London rumour pans out. If so he'll re-schedule to take in the game.
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    As per the 'Get your passports updated' thread on the main board, Houston is waiting to see if the Ravens in London rumour pans out. If so he'll re-schedule to take in the game.
    Correct.