Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: WNST says: "We're ahead of every radio station in the market"

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    rebuilding
    It always makes me smile to see this word applied to the Orioles. Surely a reasonable person might say the Orioles are "rebuilding," but a reasonable person might also say the Orioles are "sucking," either way they've looked more or less the same for a loooong time.

If I could claim to be a big Orioles fan, and I can't, I'd probably be in the camp who say they suck, they've sucked for years now, and I'm tired of excuses being made for a team with a $45m payroll.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: WNST says: "We're ahead of every radio station in the market"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    So, if you don't mind me asking, who do you root for during baseball? Obviously you have enough knowledge about the sport to be a fan of it, so you must have a team? Or are you one of the many who claim that the O's suck, but don't affiliate yourself with another team (waiting for them to be a good team?)...or claim that baseball isn't worth your time (Probably still waiting for the O's to be good?).

Realize that only 4 teams make it every year from both leagues. So despite some teams having great years, they may finish 90-72 but miss the playoffs.

Also, I don't want to hear how baseball...more specifically, the Orioles are overpriced and not worth your dollar. For the price of one Ravens game in the upper at $60 a pop, I can see 8 Bargain night games at OPYC for $64. That put's me in the uppers behind home plate at $8 a game.
    I'm an O's fan, and will be unto death. :respect I used to watch almost every game until I realized I was a schmuck for doing it so I stopped more or less. I also enjoy rooting against the Wankers and Red Sox whenever I can.

I do go to a few games a year. Because the team is so lousy, you can get seats right behind home plate for like 50 bucks. I try to go to games against crappy teams like the Royals or Nationals so that I can see some competitive baseball. I agree that the Orioles are not overpriced. As a Wizards fan, I know what overpriced is!