Heroes and Goats...(Blowout Edition)

*DISCLAIMER: Though the success of the Ravens this past Sunday and the ongoing holiday season has me in a more mellow and jolly mood than normal, I'm still prone to fits of football-induced PTSD, so I find it only fair to remind you that the thoughts and opinions expressed in this post are mine alone and in no way reflect the views of the merry crew that run the Ravens24x7 website... On with the show...

HEROES

1) RAY RICE/WILLIS MCGAHEE/LeRON McCLAIN- More than 270 yds worth of ground yardage and 4 TDs between you means that at least for one game, our 3-headed monster running attack was back to destroying the competition and owning the scoreboard. Ray Rice, minus the fumbles and drops, is the best Ravens draft pick since Ed Reed and a Top 5 fantasy player, Willis is amazingly our team leader in TDs scored despite limited touches and L-Train made the most of his 6 touches Sunday, even going so far as to deliver a pancake block during McGahee's goal line TD by running through a Detroit linebacker like Mexican tap water. OUTSTANDING effort, especially in the pouring, freezing rain.

2) RAVENS DEFENSE- Soft against the run in the first half, but forced numerous turnovers and came up HUGE on 3rd and 4th Down all day, finally turning on the juice in the second half and totally shutting down the opposition. Allowing 3 points to your opponents in any NFL game is damn impressive in my book, even if our opponents have a road losing streak longer than Manute Bol.:D:respect

3) LARDARIUS "The Future" WEBB- Yes folks, I believe the future has arrived in the form of a fearless young lion who does well in coverage, is a fierce tackler and an excellent return man. With more seasoning, the sky seems to be the limit for this kid.

4) RAVENS OFFENSIVE LINE- Another game without allowing a sack and a superb run-blocking effort, gents. If this keeps up, I'll be making Festivus plans for mid-January!:D

5) DERRICK MASON/TODD HEAP- I can't say enough about how tough both of you are and have been throughout your careers. You both take a licking and keep on ticking. Every team should have one or two guys like you two.

HONORABLE MENTION:

1. JOE FLACCO- Toughened up, threw well on deep routes and even added in a pump fake or two yesterday, dude...Not quite Bazooka Joe yet, but getting there quickly...

2. JAMEEL McCLAIN/PRESCOTT BURGESS/DANELL ELLERBE/ANTWAN BARNES- Super work on special teams and defense, men... Each of you cats were playing hardcore, smashmouth football and beating Lions receivers like freaking piñatas everytime they thought about touching the ball. I haven't seen so many knockout shots since our 3-game slugfest against the Stoolers last season.

3. TOM ZBIKOWSKI- Filling in for Ed Reed is a monumental task, but you performed well under the pressure and for two consecutive plays (recovery to prevent a TD pas and an INT), you made me forget that Reed was on the sidelines in sweats.

4. DEMETRIUS WILLIAMS- Up, up and away! That was one SICK catch, bro. The more you stretch the field and improve, the more I wonder what might have been if you were put into our WR rotation much sooner.

5. CHRIS CARR- Hey, don't look at me- I'm just as surprised as you are! But give the little shit his props. He made a great INT and actually looked decent on KO returns Sunday. Go figure.

6. BILLY CUNDIFF- Perfect in a downpour. Nuff said. The anti-Hauschka...

7. RAVENS FANS- Show up and stayed loud until things got out of hand and our Heisman winner was inserted. Even on TV, those conditions looked MISERABLE.:respect

GOATS

1) NFL REFEREES- PISS POOR POOP. When the FOX announcers constantly point out your incompetence, you know you're a bunch of dipshits!:grbac::grbac:

2) DOMONIQUE FOXWORTH- Soft and lost in the sauce.:bag:

3) MARSHAL YANDA- Stop holding in the red zone. Haven't you noticed we have enough problems scoring once we get there you moron?:grbac:

4) CAM CAMERON- The weather forced you to call running plays much more than we normally do, allowing some of our best offensive players to do what they do best and taking a lot of pressure off of Joe Flacco's shoulders. Now will your hardheaded ass return our offensive focus to the run game?

5) JOHN HARBAUGH- Better on the penalties, coach, but still 50 yards worth and we waste timeouts at an alarming rate because of confusion and poor clock management. Not ready to let you off the hook just yet.;)

Re: Heroes and Goats...(Blowout Edition)

3) LARDARIUS "The Future" WEBB- Yes folks, I believe the future has arrived in the form of a fearless young lion who does well in coverage, is a fierce tackler and an excellent return man. With more seasoning, the sky seems to be the limit for this kid.
    I have to admit that I never saw Lardarius Webb making theimpact that he is making. This guy might be the best surprise of the year.

Ravenous52...is he "The Future"? Or is this the dawning of the age of Lardarius? The age of Lardarius????

yeah I know that is bad! couldn't help myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I have to admit that I never saw Lardarius Webb making theimpact that he is making. This guy might be the best surprise of the year.

Ravenous52...is he "The Future"? Or is this the dawning of the age of Lardarius? The age of Lardarius????

yeah I know that is bad! couldn't help myself though.

Hmmm, the Dawning of the Age of Lardarius... Has a nice (mood) ring to it...:D

You may be on to something there, G7...

2) DOMONIQUE FOXWORTH- Soft and lost in the sauce.

Right on, 52! This guy is as soft as a baby's behind - complete waste of money!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    2) DOMONIQUE FOXWORTH- Soft and lost in the sauce.

Right on, 52! This guy is as soft as a baby's behind - complete waste of money!
    After tonight, I'm thinking about adding David Garrard and his crunchtime overthrows to the Heroes list... I definitely feel much better about the next three games knowing that our road to the playoffs relies totally on US and not some weird mixture of wins and losses by other teams!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    After tonight, I'm thinking about adding David Garrard and his crunchtime overthrows to the Heroes list... I definitely feel much better about the next three games knowing that our road to the playoffs relies totally on US and not some weird mixture of wins and losses by other teams!
    apparently there's a scenario (involving the Pats on head-to-head) where we win out and still don't get in, but not likely to happen.

it would suck to go into week 17 and need the stoolers and pats to win for us to get in.

"Technically, we don't control our own destiny, even now.
    If Miami wins out, the Pats lose 1, and Denver wins out, we are out." (Filmstudy)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    apparently there's a scenario (involving the Pats on head-to-head) where we win out and still don't get in, but not likely to happen.

it would suck to go into week 17 and need the stoolers and pats to win for us to get in.

"Technically, we don't control our own destiny, even now.
    If Miami wins out, the Pats lose 1, and Denver wins out, we are out." (Filmstudy)
    Right...I get that. But I'm so sure this Win-Out Doomsday Scenario won't happen that if it does (meaning we win all 3 and don't get in), I'll purchase and proudly wear an authentic Domonique Foxworth jersey to the home-opener tailgate and every game I attend thereafter during the 2010 season!

How's that for a gaurantee?

I remember back in 2006 it seemed like every QB we played just went after Samari Rolle all day long and everyone thought he was terrible until 2007 and we saw what terrible CB play really looked like.

Foxworth is not a "shutdown" CB or "stand up" guy sometimes, but he is better than the average #2 CB starting in the NFL. He did not get Nate Clements kind of money or Deangello Hall type dollars and we are much better off with him than without him. Hopefully someone will play well enough to take his job if he does not improve, but until then, we are not doing too bad with him out there.

The Ravens are 3rd in the NFL in PPG allowed and if they take care of the next 3 games the way they should, will finish the season #1 in points allowed. With Foxworth the only CB to start every game.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I remember back in 2006 it seemed like every QB we played just went after Samari Rolle all day long and everyone thought he was terrible until 2007 and we saw what terrible CB play really looked like.

Foxworth is not a "shutdown" CB or "stand up" guy sometimes, but he is better than the average #2 CB starting in the NFL. He did not get Nate Clements kind of money or Deangello Hall type dollars and we are much better off with him than without him. Hopefully someone will play well enough to take his job if he does not improve, but until then, we are not doing too bad with him out there.

The Ravens are 3rd in the NFL in PPG allowed and if they take care of the next 3 games the way they should, will finish the season #1 in points allowed. With Foxworth the only CB to start every game.
    Mattison has probably learned to scheme around Foxworth as much as he can, but the guy is the worst CB I've seen since the 1997 version of Antonio Langham.

He's perpetually off balance, as tough as a down comforter and doesn't learn from his mistakes. There's a reason teams with decent QBs have inflated passing numbers when they play the Ravens... And he's the primary one!