Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    1,146

    Boulware works out for Tampa



    Just read on the Tampa Tribune site that Peter Boulware has worked out for the Buccaneers. I was shocked to read this, I thought Pete was done with those knees & other injuries. I thought after the Ring of Byner ceremony he confirmed he was done.

    http://www.tbo.com/sports/MGBUL38FSXE.html

    DE Andre Wadsworth & DT Kenny Smith also worked out w/ Boulware.


    My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

    Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!




  2. #2

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    I saw that too, and was equally shocked. He cannot play anymore, and I'm surprised that he is even trying. I thought he knew he was done.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pasadena, Maryland
    Posts
    844

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I saw that too, and was equally shocked. He cannot play anymore, and I'm surprised that he is even trying. I thought he knew he was done.
    Money talks and Bullshit walks






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Now live from Pittsburgh for work
    Posts
    6,840

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    Don't know why the Bucs would even want him at this point. He's washed up now, and has always been injury prone.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Reisterstown, Md
    Posts
    720

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    He did not look like he was walking that well, good luck to him




  6. #6

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    Nothing is going to come of this. What is puzzling to me is why is he doing this to himself? Does he need the money?




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    22

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    Nothing is going to come of this. What is puzzling to me is why is he doing this to himself? Does he need the money?
    He probably just still has the passion to play the game. Imagine having to give up the one thing you've loved doing since you were a little kid while you are in your early 30's. I can't imagine its an easy thing to do.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    1,146

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by JettaPA View Post
    He probably just still has the passion to play the game. Imagine having to give up the one thing you've loved doing since you were a little kid while you are in your early 30's. I can't imagine its an easy thing to do.
    I agree about the passion,but his body just will not make it. Why put yourself out there for potential continued/new injuries, & risk your health for when you are older? He made a lot of $$$ here, plus he owns a successful car dealership in Florida. From what I have read & understand, he is smart with his money. He has a SB Championship & awards/accolades. He didn't have it in 05, he will not have it now. Just walk away Peter, let us remember you how you were.


    My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

    Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,451

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    He might be able to go as a 8-10 play per game pass rush specialist.

    I am sure he misses playing. He's a smart guy, I doubt it is a money issue.




  10. #10

    Re: Boulware works out for Tampa

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He might be able to go as a 8-10 play per game pass rush specialist.

    I am sure he misses playing. He's a smart guy, I doubt it is a money issue.
    I agree that it is most likely not a money issue at all, but I'm not so sure he could even be effective as a part-time pass rusher. He just seemed done his last year here, and the reason I'm surprised about this tryout is because it seemed like he knew he was finished. Maybe he feels better physically better, and wants to give it another shot, but I doubt he'll make the team.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland