Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Colts Victory Could Be Baltimore's Win

I second that motion......

As a Raven fan currently living 45 miles south of Indy, the last 3 weeks have been tough. However, there are a couple of bright spots.

First, I've learned how much the vast majority of the true Indy Colts fans don't want to have anything to do with our history. In their mind, their "Colts" started in 1984. In fact, most of them wanted the team to change the name. They feel no attachment to Johnny U and OUR Colts. I've met some casual fans (i.e. frontrunners) over the past few weeks who initially told me to "get over it." When I talk about Johnny U being an Indy Colt in the HOF, their unanimous response has been "that's not right."

Second, I think there finally has been SOME (not near enough though) attention brought to our plight over the past few weeks. If there was a petition I think I could get a bunch of people from Indiana to sign. That would give us even more credence.

I don't think Irsay will ever "give up" the Baltimore history. For some unknown reason he feels it's his family's (even though the greatest moments happened before '72). But I would think that Bisciotti could work with him on a compromise (have separate Baltimore/Indy records, separate them in the HOF, have a "Baltimore NFL record book", etc). Unlike his father, I think J. Irsay has a couple of reasonable brain cells.

Wink Re: Colts Victory Could Be Baltimore's Win

Quote Originally Posted by billpisano View Post
    Let's petition the NFL, the Hall of Fame, everyone! Heck Baltimore still owns the Lombardi Trophy from Superbowl V, it's sitting in the MD Sports Legends Musuem. C'mon 24X7 you guys should step up to the plate and lead all of us fans to restoring our NFL heritage. I'll be the first to sign up!
    But the only signature on a petition that would matter would be Bisciotti's.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

But the only signature on a petition that would matter would be Bisciotti's.
    But T, to get that we'll have to earn it and to earn it, it will take a little something from all of us. Not just those here on 24x7, but all Ravens fans and for that matter all of Baltimore.

And we won't stop there. We are planning to expand our reach outside of Baltimore and in doing so, it will give our cause more credence and more objectivity and will therefore be heard by ears to open minds.

We'll keep you posted on our efforts and we will have some more news ready for you soon. We will need you T and we will need everyone here on this board and on other boards as well.

Restoring Baltimore's football heritage is worth at least that and much, much more.

On that I'm sure we can all agree.

Wink Re: Colts Victory Could Be Baltimore's Win

Tony: check with Greg to see if he still has that original web-site material. I had scanned a bunch of old Colts photos and made a digital recording of the Colts fight song, which Greg had playing in a loop whenever you clicked on the web-site. If I had to, I could reconstruct a lot of that stuff, but rather not if Greg still has.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

T,

We have similar plans and would happily welcome anything you've already created. Please send anything you feel is worthy in terms of pictures, etc to tl@profootball24x7.com.

For some reason, these lyrics are playing in my head:

Everybody else is just green, have you seen the chart?
    Its a helluva start
    It could be made into a monster if we all pull together as a team.

The Indy fanbase is a delusional bunch I have found in the last month, even worse the the 'Burgh fans. If they have a say forget about it.

8. Re: Colts Victory Could Be Baltimore's Win

Its pretty sickening if you ever go to Canton... you get to the Indy exhibit and all you see is Baltimore Colts names, faces, images... It becomes clear that they have no history after '84 and that all the history shown as theirs... is OURS...

If you go to www.profootballhof.com and go to Hall of Famers -> Franchises... look at the players/coaches listed... all but ONE played for/coached the Baltimore Colts