Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Fantasy Roundtable

I've just decided to drop Jamal and play Kennison at flex wr/rb this Sunday. Hate to say it, but we will probably have to win it through the air on Sunday. A turnover or two wouldn't hurt either.

Greenwave - I agree you should start Stallworth over Coles. Him and McNabb should put a good few points on Houston this weekend.

GreenWave -

FWIW, I think your decision stacks up like this -

Coles is your reliable, consistent performer. He'll probably go for around 900 yards, 3 or 4 TDs, and is a good spot-starter depending on his matchup (this week against the Titans would qualify as a good one, if not great).

Edwards probably has the biggest upside of the three, but in my estimation is also least likely to realize his full potential. With a porous offensive line, a starting quarterback with questionable arm strength, and coming off a rather serious injury, Edwards might peak at the end of the season, but start slowly (though he too has a great week one match-up against the Saints).

I think Stallworth will, over the course of the season, give you the best combination of consistency and potential to reach his upside (which is considerable). Stallworth is a deep-threat of the highest order, a speed demon catching passes from one of the league's best deep-passers in Donovan McNabb. Upon arrival in Philadelphia, he is immediately the most accomplished receiver on the Eagles roster, and once he gets adjusted to the Eagles offense, will probbably be their most productive this season. I'd DEFINITELY pick him up (he shouldn't be available in any fantasy football league in America if you ask me). Stallworth is a terrific fit in Philly, and I think has a chance to put together a 1150-1200 yard season with 8TDs, which is superb for a second/third receiver. His match-up this week against the Texans is probably the worst of the three, but it is by no means a 'bad' match-up.

Who would I drop? Toss up on this one, but I go with Coles. I think Stallworth will out produce Coles, but assuming you are filling Coles starting slot with Stallworth, you at WORST should have equal production with bigger upside with Stallworth. And keeping Edwards on your roster gives you a supremely talented young player who, if he was to reach his potential, could be a 1150 yard receiver. The Eagles are going to throw like crazy this year, and owners of McNabb, and in your case Stallworth, are going to benefit in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79
    UKRS - don't you remember TG from when Roaf was out last year? He will be kept in to help with Pollack most of the game. IMO. I wouldn't start him either, and actually avoided drafting him for that reason.
    Nope because I didn't have Gonzalez in any leagues last year but I remember him being part of teams beating me I think it was three or four weeks in a row last year.

Quote Originally Posted by STOCKERS
    Nope because I didn't have Gonzalez in any leagues last year but I remember him being part of teams beating me I think it was three or four weeks in a row last year.
    Well I had him, and thru the first 5 weeks(while Roaf was out) I believe he ammasssed a Humungous total of 3 fantasy points.... I wouldn't expect him to fall quite tha tfar, but I wouldn't expect more then 40or 50 yards a game average all season long. He beter get some looks in the red zone or he will be average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers

- With the Bucs I'd be very tempted to start Alex Smith if I had him, for the last two or three years we've had a penchant for missing our assignments on TEs and particularly not closing them well if they run routes to the perimeters of the field, Smith's a good shot for some decent yardage this week I'd guess as Simms will have to throw plenty of dumpoffs.
    I was stunned to find this out because I thought we struggled covering TEs, but according to SI's fantasy section this week, we didn't allow a TE to go over 50 yards all last year. They say to bench Smith because Reed does a good job on TEs.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

in different leagues? how did he beat you 4 weeks in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587
    in different leagues? how did he beat you 4 weeks in a row?
    Yeah in different leagues, he can't beat me four straight weeks this year as I'm only in three leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6
    I was stunned to find this out because I thought we struggled covering TEs, but according to SI's fantasy section this week, we didn't allow a TE to go over 50 yards all last year. They say to bench Smith because Reed does a good job on TEs.
    That's astounding, but still goalline situations I'd check up on TE TD stats given more time because I'm sure as many TEs caught TDs against us last year as WRs, probably got completely the wrong impression on that one as well.

8. Re: The Fantasy Roundtable

- I sense a slight bit of homerism with the Ravens section, no way I'd start Clayton or Mason this week, Brian Kelly and Ronde Barber is a top notch corner combo, as with most of this year Heap is the only Raven I'd start in my FF teams.

- With the Bucs I'd be very tempted to start Alex Smith if I had him, for the last two or three years we've had a penchant for missing our assignments on TEs and particularly not closing them well if they run routes to the perimeters of the field, Smith's a good shot for some decent yardage this week I'd guess as Simms will have to throw plenty of dumpoffs.

- You're advising people to sit Losman? Who in their right mind would have him on their fantasy roster? ;)

- Certainly disagree with the assessment of the Chiefs, I don't care if the Bungholes do key on the pass game, they don't have anyone who can take Gonzalez out of that game. I'd also start Green if you were in a ten or 12 team league as it's unlikely there'll be 12 to 15 QBs who have better chances than him this week against the Bunghole secondary.

- I don't buy into the Steven Davis thing in StL as much as some folks are seeming to, he's there as cover because they have nout else behind Jackson, Jackson is a big bruiser and unless he wears I don't think you'll see much of Davis and his zimmer frame. (JMO)

- I agree with starting K2W but he's essentially a rookie and what's more a rookie coming off two serious leg injuries, he could explode but I wouldn't expect too much from him just yet.

- What's the gold zone? Is this a new term on top of the Red Zone?

- Don't start Erron Kinney, he's currently listed on the Titans injury report as being OUT, keep an eye on that if anyone has him. LINK

Good column there, but I got the impression that he's either very conservative, is a very good drafter or isn't advising for bigger leagues where you can't afford to sit everyone who appears to have a bad matchup. Be interesting to know the typical league/lineup size that he is advising for in consideration of future articles.
    Thanks for the feedback and catching my error on Erron Kinney. I meant to say Ben Troupe. The Gold Zone is terminology for inside the 5 yard line, where I consider fantasy games won or lost in most leagues. In replying to JP Losman, I try to cover every possible player that would inpact the fantasy day. I use the following criteria. If I think a running back, wide receiver, or TE will score I suggest starting him. Quarterbacks are rated on 2 touchdown passes or more, if they will throw one or less I advise sitting them. You would be surprised in the size of some leagues. Some older leagues have 14 teams and use 2 quarterbacks every week, thus the advice on what some would find useless such JP Losman. I attempt to cover every player.By the way I am from Baltimore, am a Ravens season ticket holder but far from a homer. Please archive my articles and read the Ravens section. Thanks again for the feedback.

9. Re: The Fantasy Roundtable

- I sense a slight bit of homerism with the Ravens section, no way I'd start Clayton or Mason this week, Brian Kelly and Ronde Barber is a top notch corner combo, as with most of this year Heap is the only Raven I'd start in my FF teams.

- You're advising people to sit Losman? Who in their right mind would have him on their fantasy roster? ;)

- Certainly disagree with the assessment of the Chiefs, I don't care if the Bungholes do key on the pass game, they don't have anyone who can take Gonzalez out of that game. I'd also start Green if you were in a ten or 12 team league as it's unlikely there'll be 12 to 15 QBs who have better chances than him this week against the Bunghole secondary.

- I don't buy into the Steven Davis thing in StL as much as some folks are seeming to, he's there as cover because they have nout else behind Jackson, Jackson is a big bruiser and unless he wears I don't think you'll see much of Davis and his zimmer frame. (JMO)

- I agree with starting K2W but he's essentially a rookie and what's more a rookie coming off two serious leg injuries, he could explode but I wouldn't expect too much from him just yet.

- What's the gold zone? Is this a new term on top of the Red Zone?

- Don't start Erron Kinney, he's currently listed on the Titans injury report as being OUT, keep an eye on that if anyone has him. LINK

Good column there, but I got the impression that he's either very conservative, is a very good drafter or isn't advising for bigger leagues where you can't afford to sit everyone who appears to have a bad matchup. Be interesting to know the typical league/lineup size that he is advising for in consideration of future articles.
    I am advising for basic scoring leagues who use one quarterback, 2 running backs, three wide receivers, a TE, kicker and a defense, basically old school fantasy football. You can afford to sit players I advise to sit if you have a good bench. You have to play the match up every week. I felt Brandon jacobs was a better option then Tiki Barber this past week in leagues that value scoring more than yardage. Thanks again

10. Re: The Fantasy Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    Uhh, either I'm blind or you guys forgot to put the Dolphins-Steelers game in that article.
    We had that game covered on the site in the Fantasy Section -Roundtable, please refer to that. It should be there every Friday.