Analysis of my YFFL team.

I'm in a 10-team Yahoo league. The league is autopick. I made the playoffs last season and finished 3rd place with a 6-4 record in a short season league. This year, I have 2 QBs, 5 WRs, 3 RBs, 2 TEs, 2 DEFs and 1 K. I think this team could make a run at the playoffs, if not win it all. But I'm not sure this is a risky one. Since I cut Dominack Davis and Charles Rogers, i added Benson, and Chris Henry to my team. Here's my team. Any comments, strenghs, weaknessess; suggestions.

QB: T. Brady, M. Brunell

WR: D. Mason, Ma. Jones, J. Horn, D. Givens and C. Henry

RB: C. Portis, J. Addai, C. Benson

TE: T. Heap, D. Clark

K: N. Rackers

DEF: Baltimore and Washington

Re: Analysis of my YFFL team.

You need depth at RB pretty badly. Neither Addai or Benson is guaranteed to start and that's not the sort of thing you can wait on to develop. Your receivers are also subpar. The rest of your squad is solid, but it's hard to see a move you can clearly make. See if you can get a guaranteed starter at RB, maybe trade Portis for a pair of lesser RBs.

I agree w/ Gabrosin. I think Mason and Jones will be solid at WR, but your RBs are not deep.

Here is my team in my 10-team keeper league

QB: Peyton Manning, Jake Delhomme

RB: Tiki Barber, Willis McGehee, Deshaun Foster, Chester Taylor

WR: Reggie Wayne, Deion Branch, Amani Toomer, Ernest Wilford

TE: Todd Heap, Ben Troupe

K: David Akers

DEF: Jacksonville, Atlanta

D-players: Shawne Merriman, Derrick Brooks, Derrick Burgess

FM

That is a VERY solid team, Fanman, hurt only by the lingering uncertainty over Deion Branch... I would recommend dropping Troupe to grab another WR, unless you are required to start two TEs. Troupe and Heap both have a week 7 bye, and Heap is the better play basically every week (unless he gets hurt). You can get a guy like Troupe to fill in for Heap basically at any time. Some of the receivers that may still be out there who would help your depth:

Braylon Edwards: Primed for a solid rebound this year, but shares a bye with Wayne AND Branch AND Wilford.

Mark Clayton: Homerish? I think he has solid potential, and he usually goes undrafted.

Troy Williamson: Same deal as Edwards; high draft pick, go-to receiver on a poor offensive team... also a week 6 bye.

Eric Moulds: I think Moulds will help the short passing game in Houston quite a bit. Expect yards but not many TDs.

Antonio Bryant: Well, someone has to play WR in SF. Not high on him, but he's probably out there.

Further options would really depend who's left in your league. You could also deal off Delhomme, one of the top ten QBs, if you can get another backup QB and an upgrade at WR in the process. Disregard if you start two QBs.

Otherwise, very strong. I'll assume your league rewards sacks highly; if not, dump Burgess for a tackling machine. There's a huge list of MLB and OLB types that will put up consistent double digits in tackles all year long, and there are bound to be some available: rookies like AJ Hawk and D'Qwell Jackson, recovering veterans like Takeo Spikes, Edgerton Hartwell, and Julian Peterson, and just sleeper picks like Antonio Pierce or Jeremiah Trotter.

Troupe is an insurance pick if I don't like the matchup for Heap that week.

Deion Branch was a wildcard pick...if he plays I think he can have a good year. If he decides to sit out I will just drop him.

I took Burgess b/c of the sacks since our league gives 2 pts per sack. I agree I will prolly need to drop him for a LB if he starts out slow.

The LBs started going in the 4th round this year!!!!

FM

I made some moves today to deepen my WRS:

Drop: Deion Branch
    Add: Antonio Bryant

Drop: Ben Troupe
    Add: Doug Gabriel

I heard Branch might sit out several weeks at the least and I can't afford to get off to a bad start.

FM

Bryant is probably a decent pick, since he's the top WR on the 49ers. Even if their passing game is bad, his stats won't be awful. I'm not high on Gabriel. And at 2 points per sack, even half a point per solo tackle will yield better results from the linebacker spot. If your league gives a full point per tackle, change over to the top MLBs available. You need to be getting three points or better per sack before DEs become superior to the more consistent LBs. Even then, you want DEs who also play the run well, like Julius Peppers.

8. Re: Analysis of my YFFL team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshon
    I'm in a 10-team Yahoo league. The league is autopick. I made the playoffs last season and finished 3rd place with a 6-4 record in a short season league. This year, I have 2 QBs, 5 WRs, 3 RBs, 2 TEs, 2 DEFs and 1 K. I think this team could make a run at the playoffs, if not win it all. But I'm not sure this is a risky one. Since I cut Dominack Davis and Charles Rogers, i added Benson, and Chris Henry to my team. Here's my team. Any comments, strenghs, weaknessess; suggestions.

QB: T. Brady, M. Brunell

WR: D. Mason, Ma. Jones, J. Horn, D. Givens and C. Henry

RB: C. Portis, J. Addai, C. Benson

TE: T. Heap, D. Clark

K: N. Rackers

DEF: Baltimore and Washington
    You need depth at running back, Cedric benson may not start any games this year and Joseph Addai has some work to do in pass protecting. What are you scoring rules and I can suggest some free agents Jerrious Norwood would be a good fit, but I would need to know your scoring method. Thank You