Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh Calling Out the Defense??

I don't see how anybody can say the D played poorly, they had 3 turn overs against a team that doesn't normally turn the ball over. We had 4 Turnovers and multiple 3 and outs. WTF do expect from the D when they are on the field a majority of the night facing one of the best QB's in the league with WR's that shit on ours. There #2 WR is better than our #1 and their TE has put up big numbers this year. Look at the stats, it's not like Rodgers threw for 350 yards and no INT's, it's not like they ran the ball for 150+ yards. Flacco and company gave them short fields all night long. The D kept this from being a complete blow out.

Does Foxworth suck, hell yea, does Walker (PI machine) suck hell yea.
    A 6'5 250+ lb TE schooled a 5'11 200lb Safety and Foxworthless couldn't be a good CB in the CFL. besides that I though they played well, but still need to fix some things, especially the pass rush.

I don't understand how anyone can say our D played bad, they kept us in the game. The game came down to poor coaching and poor execution, bottom line. One thing I did notice again in week 14, our defense is telegraphing the blitz way to early.
    Lovin me some section 543

Quote Originally Posted by Endzone 84 View Post
    One thing I did notice again in week 14, our defense is telegraphing the blitz way to early.
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed - what is up with that? Every single time we telegraph the blitz the opposing teams center makes the adjustment. So predictable. I don't know if its scheme or what but it needs to end if we want to get to the QB effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed - what is up with that? Every single time we telegraph the blitz the opposing teams center makes the adjustment. So predictable. I don't know if its scheme or what but it needs to end if we want to get to the QB effectively.
    Rodgers was using a hard count to get the D to show its hand. Worked every time we wanted to biltz.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

You know overall we are getting the sacks, except for in 2 games Indy and Pittsburgh. Granted Suggs can't buy a sack this year, but wait that comes from us telegraphing the blitz. Mattison needs to install multiple movements to confuse the offense. Everyone in this city thinks that Mattison was a Rex Ryan, well Mattison has his own style. Mattison has jumped this defense up to the top 10, so we can't be that bad. I personally think, it is lack of talent and old age catching up to our defense.
    Lovin me some section 543

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Rodgers was using a hard count to get the D to show its hand. Worked every time we wanted to biltz.
    Yup. I feel like Ray should audible out of that blitz because it couldn't be any more ineffective when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Yup. I feel like Ray should audible out of that blitz because it couldn't be any more ineffective when that happens.
    Correct. Ray is known for on field adjustments, but he wasn't doing it Monday night.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Comes down to that discipline factor.

Do some of you guys seriously not realize that:
    a) Harbaugh never said it was the red zone defense's fault that they lost?
    b) The red zone defense did in fact suck?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Can't believe this thread made it to a second page...
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    The defense played poorly, but not so poorly that we shouldn't have won that game. That was a team loss, with Flacco being the main culprit.
    I usually agree with but while Joe IMO played his worst game, he was only one of the culprits.
    Foxworth can not tackle a lick.
    Landry...one of the big problems in the red zone is too slow to cover the tight end or backs.
    Walker best coverage technic is a head lock.
    Ray Rice, put the ball on the ground.
    Grubbs and Gaither got manhandled the first half.
    Can Gooden please make a tackle with out help.
    No seperation from recievers until DWill got into the game.
    Family members on the sideline with headsets bitching at the refs. I have no problem with Harbs having the entire clan on the field. I have a big problem with them wearing headsets and get involved in the damn game. I was hoping Steve got fined by the league which would have put an end to John's family affair.
    and yes Joe making a few of the worse throws I have seen.

Plenty of blame to go around. I have said the Lions game 3 years ago was maybe the worst in Ravens history. Monday was right there with it.

You win as a team and lose as one and this stinker on Monday was a team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Do some of you guys seriously not realize that:
    a) Harbaugh never said it was the red zone defense's fault that they lost?
    b) The red zone defense did in fact suck?

- C -
    Like I said I didn't here the comments in context I'm just reading what was published on the Suns website which is this.

One of the areas that angered coach John Harbaugh was the defense's play in the red zone.

The Ravens allowed three touchdowns in six drives inside their 20-yard line. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers connected on touchdown passes of 2, 8 and 19 yards.

"We got to be better in the red zone," Harbaugh said after the game. "Whether it’s the defense that we’re in or the way it’s executed, that has got to get fixed. If you’re going to play good defense in the NFL, you’d better be really good in the red zone. We’ve been good around here in the red zone for a long time, and the places I’ve been before we’ve been good in the red zone. That’s something we’re going to get better at."

I don't see anything in there about Flacco throwing INT's in the Redzone and I don't see anything in there about the defense being on the field most of the time. It just struck me as odd for the head coach to single out the defense when his offense basically laid a goose egg with the exception of two lucky TD's. The whole team sucked Monday night but the defense by far wasn't the worst part of the night.