Pass Interference Penalties-Is it just me or..

does basketball, a non-contact sport, allow more contact?

I think it's gotten to the point in the NFL that it's become a combination tackle and touch league. It's unfair to give receivers and QB's THAT much protection.

If they are going to call pass interference that closely than I don't know if I'm all that interested in watching the game of pro football anymore.

Also, the refs sucked last night.

Re: Pass Interference Penalties-Is it just me or..

:word

I'm totally with you on this one. The PI penalties are getting ridiculous, it almost makes me sick, because whenever I see a deep ball that's missed when we're on defense I can just go "Where's the flag?" and be answered immediately by the refs. That happened a few times last night.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

3. Re: Pass Interference Penalties-Is it just me or..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post

I think it's gotten to the point in the NFL that it's become a combination tackle and touch league. It's unfair to give receivers and QB's THAT much protection.

If they are going to call pass interference that closely than I don't know if I'm all that interested in watching the game of pro football anymore.

I am waiting for the league to put flags on the QB's and too-too's on the wideouts:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post

PI is one penalty I don't understand. You're SUPPOSED to interfere with the WR to keep him from catching the ball. Why bother even playing defense anymore?

Does anyone know if this MNF game had the most PI calls in NFL history?
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

I'm with you all on this one. Can't understand what pass defense means anymore.
    It seems like mere touching is interference. That is not the way I always saw it and not the way the NFL always saw it either. Like what was said earlier, on incompletions you simply wait to see the flag, usually surprised when one does not appear.

NFL rules & Rules implemntation suck!!

It is not like I do not know what it is, but I have no idea when it will be called and when it will not. The punishment does not fit the crime though. 15 yards or half the distance should be the max, and arm bars and hand cuffing should be allowed, just not grabbing jersey or grabbing WR not.

Holding is the other real pisser. I know what it is, have no idea when they are going to call it, just that they will call our Dl for holding, but never when they are held, unless it is ridiculous they tried to get away with one, like the holding and PI GB was attempting to pass off as legit D.

:T2:

Blog Entries

I'm not trying to be conspiracy theory here, but it seemed like almost every PI flag came in after the WR looked at the ref, almost imploring them to throw the flag...on both sides. It almost seemed like the refs were waiting for the receiver to say "hey, can I get a flag here" and they'd say "oh, okay then <throws the flag>"

Maybe it's just always this way in the NFL? Just seems like they almost take another couple seconds to replay it in their heads.

We need to get CBs who don't need to jostle their WR to defend the pass.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I can understand calling it on the "arm bar" where the defender uses his arm to prevent the wide receiver from extending his own arms. But I don't get it when it's a touch on the hip or touching the shoulder as the DB extends over the WR to get to the ball.

I know the tv announcers talked repeatedly about the PI calls being legit and maybe they were technically but there was no need to call most of them, going both ways.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.