Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My Name is Joe Flacco and I Blew It

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Joe definitely stunk up the joint tonight. That pick in the endzone was just an incredible boneheaded decision. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the kid yet. I have seen all of the great QBs, from Montana to Manning, have games that were just as awful, and they had actual talent around them.
    :word
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Joe definitely stunk up the joint tonight. That pick in the endzone was just an incredible boneheaded decision. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the kid yet. I have seen all of the great QBs, from Montana to Manning, have games that were just as awful, and they had actual talent around them.

If this team is truly committed to developing Flacco into a top 10 QB then they have to get him some weapons. There just isn't any excuse. Rodgers had a pleathora of open guys to choose from tonight. Flacco had limited time and was throwing consistently to his hot read, and most of the time they were covered, but even if he had time to look at other guys, they were covered to. We have the worst receivers in the NFL.
    I'm beginning to want Harbaugh and his entire regime replaced by Shanahan and a staff of his choosing.

We're the most penalized and least disciplined team in the NFL and our QB isn't being developed to his full potential. If anyone could get the best out of Joe, it's Shanny.

3. Re: My Name is Joe Flacco and I Blew It

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I'm beginning to want Harbaugh and his entire regime replaced by Shanahan and a staff of his choosing.

We're the most penalized and least disciplined team in the NFL and our QB isn't being developed to his full potential. If anyone could get the best out of Joe, it's Shanny.
    Won't happen. The entire reason Biscotti picked Harbs was to have a young guy that will keep the head coaching position stable for years to come.

He looked at the Steelers history and the fact that they only change coaches every other decade, and that is what Biscotti wants to emulate. We're stuck with Harbs for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    There are screw ups, and then there are turnovers in the redzone SCREW UPS. The referees were really horrible, granted, but the brunt of this one has got to rest on the shoulders of our highly touted signal caller.
    I'd say it was a team loss all the way. Flacco crappy performance may be the most glaring re: his decision making but the offensive line was awful, our pass pressure on defensive was non-existent, and our WR's were blanketed.

Joe was definitely the biggest goat in the game though.

Joe did look uncomfortable out there, and he made some of the worst throws I have ever seen him make.

But he didn't lose the game.

The OL was bitchslapped all night long. The DL didn't even sniff Rodgers except for that one sack. The secondary was worse than it has ever been in Baltimore, and I'm going back to the Donnie Brady and Antoastio Langham days. 4 PI calls in one game? Are you kidding me?

Harbaugh forgot what a clock and timeouts were for.

There were no halftime adjustments.

It was an asskicking and everyone was in on it. The final score didn't do it justice.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Yeah, this week's Heroes and Goats thread is gonna be a real doozy alright...:(

HEROES & GOATS? If you ask me, it should be an all-Goats List.

EDIT: I take it back. Lardarius Webb would probably be the only one on the Heroes List.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    HEROES & GOATS? If you ask me, it should be an all-Goats List.

EDIT: I take it back. Lardarius Webb would probably be the only one on the Heroes List.
    Relax hot, young filly...

And don't attempt to influence the almighty H&G List!:D

Relax?

If not for coffee, there would be an atomic explosion worse than Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

Flacco wasn't even pressured into those picks. He had all day on the flea flicker, but focused on one receiver and threw to him despite tight coverage. He had time on the throw to Heap, but locked on him and again threw despite tight coverage. On the end zone pick, he was out of the box, and just had to throw the ball out of the end zone, but forced a pass across his body to a covered receiver. Three stupid plays.
    Al

As with any other game you lose, you can't pin this loss on one player or one position.

Yes, Flacco had the worst game of his career. All three interceptions were the terrible threesome(bad decision, bad throw AND bad timing).
    He was running for his life, all game long. 5 or 6 Ravens continually got beat by 4 Packers. Furthermore, the Ravens forced the ball over and over to an overmatched Todd Heap. None of the receivers really created any sort of seperation. Besides Ray Rice, the best offensive player for the Ravens was Williams, as in the corner from GB.

Penalties riddles both sides of the field. Not only did the OL get abused all game, but it also had no concept of the snap count. On Defense, the DB's had added to their league leading total of PI calls.

Beyond that, whether we rushed 3, 4, 5 or 6 Green Bay picked up the rush over and over. Aaron Rodgers tore us UP on thrid downs. that's when the Ravens of old cracked open the can... these Ravens folded time after time.

Again, the team came out FLAT as a board and conceded the entire first half.

Despite all of that, it was the Ravens game to lose late in the game with momentum on their side, and Joe threw yet another red zone pick.

So yes, Joe Blew it. He has a decade to make up for it in my mind, and the next few weeks could be a good start.

Win out, and Beat the Colts, that's how you make up for that mistake.