Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: I can't put this performance on Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post

He is a second year QB and the best one on our roster. How is he overrated? He is what he is. A young QB still learning his game but possesses a lot of untapped potential.
    Were you following this team through 5 weeks? There was so much HYPE, even from the national media.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Birk & Yanda aren't even mediocre? McClain, a Pro Bowler last year, isn't even mediocre?
    No, and no.

Birk played awesome for the first three games. Since then he hasn't approached mediocre. Maybe he'll get better next year with a year in the system. But he's also getting up there in age. He's not very effective.

Yanda hasn't played much. So no, I would say you can't bucket him in "mediocre." Maybe he will be.

McClain was a Pro Bowler last year because of his running. Last year, he avg almost 15 carries per game. This year he's avg 3. And he's not been a good lead blocker at all. Mediocre receiver out of the backfield...that's the best I can say right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post

Gaither is not Mediocre. I'd say, along with Rice, he's been the best player on the offensive side of the ball this year. There's not many LT's I'd take over him right now, Joe Thomas and Jake Long, yeah but other than that nope.
    BS. Gaither's had some terrific games. He's also had games where he's been abused like a red-headed step-child. And he's still getting a reasonable bit of help, though not nearly as much as last year I'd admit. He shows flashes, but he certainly hasn't put it together yet. And being the best player for a couple games, and a bad player other games doesn't cut it. I've seen nothing from him to make me change my assessment from before this season started, that he's an "average" starting LT.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

I seen something earlier about Joe in his second year and all the hype going into this season.
    Well look at it this way, Matt Ryan was also hyped going into this year and he has legit pro bowlers as weapons, Micheal Turner (inactive now, but not in the begining) Roddy White and Tony Gonzo. Ryan has not looked very good this year and is also being considered in a slump and has had some very poor games and looks slow in his progressions.

Joe has Rice, which is now being taking out of the game because they cover him like flys on shit out of the back field and our running game is so predictable.

The play calling still sucks and I am still pissed about how they have been playing but I wouldn't put Joe in the same sentence as Boller.

Come on Ozzie,
    Golden Tate
    Dez Bryant
    Jordan Shipley (the next Welker)
    Julio Jones
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 12-10-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    McClain, a Pro Bowler last year, isn't even mediocre?
    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    No, and no.
    McClain was a Pro Bowler last year because of his running. Last year, he avg almost 15 carries per game. This year he's avg 3. And he's not been a good lead blocker at all. Mediocre receiver out of the backfield – that's the best I can say right now.
    Are you sure? Pro-Bowler and 2nd-team All-Pro Le'Ron McClain, isn't even "mediocre"?

Alright, I'll give that. He didn't look like it earlier this year though...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Joe has Rice, which is now being taking out of the game because they cover him like flys on shit out of the back field and our running game is so predictable
    I wonder if people in Indy sit around and say:

"Those damn Colts. The play calling sucks. Our passing game is so predictable".

Slow down there, killer. You play your strengths and you make the other team beat you. Period. No other fan base seems so hell bent on wanting balance over playing to the strengths of the team than ours. Are we that out of practice as a fan base on what a solid offense is supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Jordan Shipley (the next Welker)
    A solid pick up in the later rounds, but FAR from the next Welker. He had the dropsies a bit this season.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Are we that out of practice as a fan base on what a solid offense is supposed to do?
    Well, yeah. We haven't seen a good offense since, what, 1998?