Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 53545556 LastLast

Re: Packers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Another checkdown.

The guys in the booth need to understand, the game is over and the Ravens know it. They aren't even trying.

And a sack.

This was the worst 2 minute offense in the history of the NFL.

What pisses me off more than the loss is that the team gave up. Don't anyone try to tell me otherwise. This offense packed it in and stopped trying.
    Mson ran an 8 yard curl on that last play...i didn't even see a raven in the endzone? not that i think they could win but

Why were we throwing 5 yard outs when we needed two scores. Awful performance.

Blog Entries

I don't want to hear about the playoffs. The playoffs are too good for us.

The rest of this season needs to be about fixing this team so we can play more than 1 friggin game of good football.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    What's the point? So we can see Troy Smith complete a few checkdown passes in garbage time and have some moronic fans slobber all over him?
    It's about management of personnel. I understand that some people might not be familiar with the finer points of leadership and coaching personnel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Why were we throwing 5 yard outs when we needed two scores. Awful performance.
    What's worse is that none of the 5 yard outs were open.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

The rest of this season needs to be about fixing this team so we can play more than 1 friggin game of good football.
    :word

BRING ON THE DRAFT!! It's just too painful to watch this team anymore - penalties, lack of discipline, lack of a sense of urgency, etc, etc In some ways, it looks like Billick ball.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

This was an embrassment to say the least... I dont even know where to begin. This team is a joke. Play like a Raven my ass.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I cant get over the offense leisurely walking to the line of scrimmage with just over a minute to go in the game.

Like they just didn't fucking care.

Someone explain to me how this offense helps get us to 10 wins?

The way this O-line has been performing, and our lack of pass rush/pass coverage, this team is lucky to get 10 wins - I predict the Stillers will deal the final death blow on this futile season.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rza52 View Post
    It's about management of personnel. I understand that some people might not be familiar with the finer points of leadership and coaching personnel.
    So should we bench Ray Lewis for the 15 yard facemask penalty that kept the Packers drive alive?

Should we bench Webb because he committed a PI penalty?

If you are playing to win the game, you don't bench Joe until he's playing so badly that no amount of help his teammates give him can save his performance. When the OL played well and receivers got open, Joe began to get into his rhythm. He made some big mistakes at the end, and he needs to correct that, but he's also just a 2nd year QB. This isn't a guy like Rodgers who had 3-4 years to learn under a master class QB, then get out and work his own brand of magic.

I get what you are saying, but I don't think "temporary benching" is the management style that will fix this team.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So should we bench Ray Lewis for the 15 yard facemask penalty that kept the Packers drive alive?

Should we bench Webb because he committed a PI penalty?

If you are playing to win the game, you don't bench Joe until he's playing so badly that no amount of help his teammates give him can save his performance. When the OL played well and receivers got open, Joe began to get into his rhythm. He made some big mistakes at the end, and he needs to correct that, but he's also just a 2nd year QB. This isn't a guy like Rodgers who had 3-4 years to learn under a master class QB, then get out and work his own brand of magic.

I get what you are saying, but I don't think "temporary benching" is the management style that will fix this team.
    No single action will fix this or any other team. To each their own.