Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. The Official Rhodes to be a Raven next year, thread!!

I am asking Ozzy to make this guy an offer:D ....He would be a great weapon in the backfield for the Ravens next year. ..Anyone with me?
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 02-05-2007 at 01:07 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Re: The Official Rhodes to be a Ravens thread next year!!

sure he played well, but let's be serious for one second here...he's not anything special.

Everyone is so petrified of the colts passing game there isn't ever a stacked box and if there is, manning usually audibles out of it. Also, the bears without Tommy Harris is a totally different team, that injury happened and their chances were done right then....everyone started being able to run on them

Probably quote of the game from the commentator "Grossman completes the pass for 2 yards, Manning's been getting 8 yards with the same throw"

Do not let this game fool you. I had this guy in my fantasy league this year so I followed him closely. He sucks.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

It's not happening anyway. There will be no significant free agent signings this offseason.

Why bring in another Mike Anderson? We have one, hopefully he will do fine sharing carries with PJ.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Rhodes is nothing special. What we need to adopt from the Colts is the philosophy. The Ravens need to do what the top four teams in football (championship game participants: Colts, Patriots, Bears, Saints) did this past season: get two good backs and keep them fresh all year.

We could keep Jamal or Mike Anderson as one back (but not both). We need a fast, slashing back who hits the holes quickly as the other. It doesn't even have to be a first-round rookie, just someone who is competent and won't cost too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Rhodes is nothing special. What we need to adopt from the Colts is the philosophy. The Ravens need to do what the top four teams in football (championship game participants: Colts, Patriots, Bears, Saints) did this past season: get two good backs and keep them fresh all year.

We could keep Jamal or Mike Anderson as one back (but not both). We need a fast, slashing back who hits the holes quickly as the other. It doesn't even have to be a first-round rookie, just someone who is competent and won't cost too much.

Bingo. As I said, the days of having just one featured back are gradually coming to an end. I'd like to see a slasher combine with Daniels and MA.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Purple Rulz-

you literally jump to conclusions faster than anyone i've ever seen.

You're logic is that because both superbowl teams had a RB by committee, or 2 "feature" backs, that that will be the new trend?

Well news for you:

1. Rhodes will prob be gone from the Colts and Addai WILL be their FEATURE runningback.

2. Jones will be gone from the bears, and Benson will be their FEATURE RB sometime in the next 2 seasons.

3. Just because it happened this year doesn't mean it's the new thing of the future. Remember, it was only last year where Shaun Alexander carried his team to the Superbowl, and if I had to put money on next year's AFC rep, it'd be the Chargers (they reminded me so much of the 15-1 steelers that lost to the Patriots 2 years ago).

I like the idea of the 2-back system. It works for many teams and I think it could work here too. But only if Jamal is gone. I have NO faith in PJ Daniels either. Unless we bring in a solid RB via FA or use a first DAY draft pick we will be in bad shape again.

FM

Angry Re: The Official Rhodes to be a Ravens thread next year!!

Our one-back system w/ Jamal was the weakest link on the offense this year. There were plenty of yards left on the field by Jamal. If our running game does not improve we will go no further next year than we did this year.

Face it, McNair is not good enough to carry the team w/ his passing...that was obvious in several games this year...esp vs. the Colts.

If we don't upgrade the running game we are repeating the same mistakes we made for years by not upgrading at QB.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    Our one-back system w/ Jamal was the weakest link on the offense this year. There were plenty of yards left on the field by Jamal. If our running game does not improve we will go no further next year than we did this year.

Face it, McNair is not good enough to carry the team w/ his passing...that was obvious in several games this year...esp vs. the Colts.

If we don't upgrade the running game we are repeating the same mistakes we made for years by not upgrading at QB.

FM

The Running game should be the top priority this offseason. The Defense is fine with/without AD and the receiving corps might be the best ever in Ravens history. BB said the Running game needed definite improvement, lets hope he realizes how much!!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

> Our one-back system w/ Jamal was the weakest link on the offense this year.
    Perhaps.

Remember we had a multiple-back system before the New Orleans game. Then BB took over play-calling, we went to a one back system, and our offense got significantly better.

I'm not saying we can't improve over Jamal. Just remember how much worse the offense looked before the NO game.

Can Mike Anderson & PJ Daniels carry the load? We may end up finding out. It is perfectly possible we end up picking up a RB to go third on the depth chart, not first. Jamal may have left yards on the field, but Anderson & Daniels left almost all their yards on the *practice* field. Hopefully the FO will make the right call based on their access to what happens there.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

roffles @ rhodes.