Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Official Rhodes to be a Ravens thread next year!!

I just heard Keith Mills say on 98 Rock that Rhodes was arrested for a DWI early this morning. I wasn't for bringing the guy here, but we don't need someone like this here.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Looks like his asking price just dropped after that incident.

A DWI is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Look at BJ Sams 2 years ago...or was it this year? If his price just dropped a lot they should still look at him. I am not trying to sound crass or that I don't want quality guys on the team...but there are a lot of other worse things than 1 DWI. Now, if he has a history of this kind of behavior I say avoid him at all costs.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    A DWI is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Look at BJ Sams 2 years ago...or was it this year? If his price just dropped a lot they should still look at him. I am not trying to sound crass or that I don't want quality guys on the team...but there are a lot of other worse things than 1 DWI. Now, if he has a history of this kind of behavior I say avoid him at all costs.

FM
    BJ Sams' second one could easily cost him 1/4 of the season, under the league substance abuse policy. I'd view even one DWI as a serious red flag, though some (Chris McAlister) seem to be able to get 1 & straighten up and fly right.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

How dumb are these guys? If I am drunk I take a cab home, and I don't make even close to what they make in a year. Hire a freaking Limo or car service if you know you are going to get hammered, it's not like they can't afford it...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

No more DUI players.

DUI leads to more DUI which leads to drug arrests and so on and son on.

Look at Cinci, do you want that to be us???
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

8. Re: The Official Rhodes to be a Ravens thread next year!!

I CHANGED MY MIND, NEVER MIND!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Forget about the DUI for a second. I still wouldnt waste precious cap space on Rhodes. He has always been a mediocre back behind the one of the best Olines in football, if not the best. The Colts open holes big enough for a Mack truck to get through. Rhodes would be rendered useless behind our Oline. Just look at what happened to Edgeren James when he joined the Cards. He did not have such a stellar season, and why is that? Its because the Cards Oline cant run block, the same way our line cant run block. Once we fix the Oline a good running back shouldnt be hard to find in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I CHANGED MY MIND, NEVER MIND!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Nemesis,

Not to mention the only time he would ever see 8 men in the box would be in goal-line and short yardage situations.

Rhodes, buy or sell??

Sell! Sell! Sell!
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton