Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I am better with US landmarks!:) (Since I have never been to Europe):hammer:
    LOL @ Tex -- I haven't been to Europe either, but I still manage to know the difference between the Eiffel Tower and the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

You know as much about famous landmarks as you do about QBs. But hey, it was good for a laugh.

My fifth grade teacher would be shocked if she was still alive

So whats that put you in now, the 9th grade? Sorry i just had to say it. At some points I wonder about the ages of half the people i talk to on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Or fleecing some team like Carolina out of a third round draft pick for him!:)

They'd be fleecing us. Go find an NFL QB with Kyle's experience and stats over his last 10 games in the 3rd round of the upcoming draft. Not close to an even trade. You'd be pressed to find a decent BACKUP QB in the 3rd round of this upcoming draft.

And this makes even less sense when, if we don't extend Kyle, we're likely to get a decent (4th round) compensatory pick for him.

vis a vis what purplepoe said previously, I would point out the better play of our o-line for our progress, and for the regresses when they played poorly (like when JO wiped out a TD in Cleveland being downfield [noob mistake] )

No-one knows who the true Boller will be or whether we'll ever see that IMHO. I dont think Ozzie knows. The question is whether you invest time after this year with Boller.

I'm a fan of him, and I say yes. Many haters will say no.

But I dont know what free agent or draft pick after McNair will be better than him.

Also, I'm convince that we're already far more explosive with Boller in there than a McNair or another vet. Its a matter to playing to that strength. I think when you see how the gameplan changes when Boller comes it, its obvious that Billick/Ozzie understand this.

If Boller does become an above average starter consistently, it will be in a Brett Favre Mold, not a Peyton Manning type. He'll be the type you have to let sling the ball down the field.

Both are mediocre at best IMHO, but to be fair to Grossman, he still doesn't have as much game experiance as Boller.

4. Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Both are mediocre at best IMHO, but to be fair to Grossman, he still doesn't have as much game experiance as Boller.
    ....And to be more fair to Boller, Grossman's game experince has come later on in his time in the nfl, something some fans just dont understand.

There is no substitute for game experiance...no matter how long you are in the NFL...especially if your time is mostly spent with rehab...not necessarily practice.

What Kyle Boller is? He's a very good backup QB that can come in relief of the starting QB and give you a respectable to good outing, and that's not a bad thing. Nothing more. Anyone that thinks he is more than that is just folling himself.

Boller will have a nice long career as a backup QB, but he no franchise QB nor is he even an adequate starting NFL QB. If the Ravens can get something for him this offseason, then they'd be fools not to strike while Boller's value is high.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!