Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

Kyle never folds...say what you want...hate him all you want...Kyle has NEVER folded his tent and looked beaten like Grossman did. Grossman was beaten and his team was only down 2 points! What a sorry excuse to take a shot at Boller.

2. Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    What does Grossman have to do with Boller? Any reason to take a shot at Kyle I guess?!?! I didn't here you say we should start Boller after watching a young Roethlisburger win the Super Bowl? What's the difference?

Is there any event in the course of human history that will go unoticed by the haters to take a shot at Kyle?

"Only you can prevent forest fires" ...and Kyle Boller probably started them all.

Sheesh, give it a rest.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

So what? With the great defense and great special teams, I could have QB the Bears to the Super Bowl.
    Yeah and with a great defense and so-so special teams, McNair couldn't win a single play-off game. Wonder what that says about Noodle Arm?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Getting back to Boller, you want to know why Boller is not the answer? In addition to looking at the many Boller specials over the past four seasons, look at Boller's brother, Rex Grossman.
    This is either a really poor attempt at irony or it's one of the dumbest thread-starters ever. Boller's not the answer because Grossman had a bad Super Bowl -- sure. Makes plenty of sense.

Grossman has something like 11 fewer starts than Boller, has a nearly identical passer rating.

I would like to know how anyone can say that Boller > Grossman.

From what I saw last night those two could be identical twins.

These are the results you get when Boller plays in the rain.
    The same type of play you seen from rex grossman's superbowl
    I remember the Pats game when Kyle played in
    and it was kind of the same type of QB play
    Sloppy
    careless
    and
    Mistake ridden.

The Similarities are there.
    You just need to open your eyes
    and look.
    I think some of the boller supporters should acknoweglde the similarites and move forward.
    It wont hurt anyone to do so.

Ozzie says we are going to be looking
    for a qb
    to be our future
    He's just not sure
    if he is will draft one
    or bring one in from another club

I think our days of talking about Kyle
    are coming to an end

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Grossman has something like 11 fewer starts than Boller, has a nearly identical passer rating.

I would like to know how anyone can say that Boller > Grossman.

From what I saw last night those two could be identical twins.
    Over the years Boller has shown some improvement, and has *always* shown the ability to brush off the bad breaks and recover quickly. I am comfortable with him as our backup and I think he will continue to improve, *as he always has*.

Grossman looks like he's getting worse, not better, and appears throughout the season to be able to come completely unglued.

That is how I can say Boller > Grossman.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    These are the results you get when Boller plays in the rain.
    The same type of play you seen from rex grossman's superbowl
    I remember the Pats game when Kyle played in
    and it was kind of the same type of QB play
    Sloppy
    careless
    and
    Mistake ridden.

The Similarities are there.
    You just need to open your eyes
    and look.
    I think some of the boller supporters should acknoweglde the similarites and move forward.
    It wont hurt anyone to do so.

Ozzie says we are going to be looking
    for a qb
    to be our future
    He's just not sure
    if he is will draft one
    or bring one in from another club

I think our days of talking about Kyle
    are coming to an end
    Cool! Poetry.

I agree our days of talking about Kyle are coming to an end, unless they extend him, which they might & might not. But we will know this offseason, not next, whether the FO is considering Boller for the role of QOTF. I'm guessing no extension & he won't be back, but I'd much rather have him then Grossman as I've said now a couple of times.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yeah and with a great defense and so-so special teams, McNair couldn't win a single play-off game. Wonder what that says about Noodle Arm?
    It says that it would take a hell of an effort to beat the Colts this year in the playoffs, that defense came to play.

BTW Boller and Grossman are very similar, both need some time on thed bench to observe. If Griese had come in around week 6- 8 the bears would have been better off. Now next year if McNair goes down around game 6-8 I feel confident that Boller could come in and shine and show his true potential.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Over the years Boller has shown some improvement, and has *always* shown the ability to brush off the bad breaks and recover quickly. I am comfortable with him as our backup and I think he will continue to improve, *as he always has*.

Grossman looks like he's getting worse, not better, and appears throughout the season to be able to come completely unglued.

That is how I can say Boller > Grossman.

And Boller has been consistant?

Sorry dude, but the numbers just don't lie. Let's look at the only two years where the player started all 16 games...

Grossman:
    2006att480comp262pct54.6yrds3193ypa6.65TD23INT20QB73.9

Boller:
    2004att464comp258pct55.6yrds2559ypa5.52TD13INT11QB70.9

Has Grossman been inconsistant? Definately....but so has our man Boller.

There is simply no difinitive proof that one is better than the other. In fact, the evidence (subjective and factual) shows that they are damn similar.

You can't even give Boller a point because he did not have the luxury of sitting on the sidelines for 2 years. Those extra 11 actual games should put him in a class above Grossman...

Boller = Grossman maybe

> And Boller has been consistent?
    I'm not saying he's been consistent. I'm also not saying he should be our starter.

I'm just saying two things about him:
    1. Boller has shown gradual improvement over the time we've seen him.
    2. Boller has always shown the ability to shake off a bad break and recover.

Concerning Grossman, time will tell if he improves. I could be wrong, but it appears to me he does *not* have the proverbial amnesia required in professional sports. If he gets a bad break or two then he's done for the game.

Career qb rating statistics for two young quarterbacks are meaningless, insofar as (a) the sample size is small, (b) they don't show change over time, and (c) they don't show patterns within games, which is what I've been talking about anyway.

> There is simply no definitive proof that one is better than the other.
    Definitive? We are comparing two different young quarterbacks. They really haven't got much in common besides draft class. Considering they are apples and oranges, I think the standard of "definitive proof" is asking a lot.

> In fact, the evidence (subjective and factual) shows that they are
    > damn similar.
    What subjective evidence? What factual evidence? My argument was about in-game breakdowns by Grossman, and the absence of the same by Boller. It was my subjective evidence based on my observations. You can disagree with your own subjective evidence, but your factual evidence of career qb ratings is irrelevant to what I wrote.
    Festivus