Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52
  1. #16

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start



    Grossman has something like 11 fewer starts than Boller, has a nearly identical passer rating.

    I would like to know how anyone can say that Boller > Grossman.

    From what I saw last night those two could be identical twins.




  2. #17

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    These are the results you get when Boller plays in the rain.
    The same type of play you seen from rex grossman's superbowl
    I remember the Pats game when Kyle played in
    and it was kind of the same type of QB play
    Sloppy
    careless
    and
    Mistake ridden.

    The Similarities are there.
    You just need to open your eyes
    and look.
    I think some of the boller supporters should acknoweglde the similarites and move forward.
    It wont hurt anyone to do so.

    Ozzie says we are going to be looking
    for a qb
    to be our future
    He's just not sure
    if he is will draft one
    or bring one in from another club

    I think our days of talking about Kyle
    are coming to an end




  3. #18

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Grossman has something like 11 fewer starts than Boller, has a nearly identical passer rating.

    I would like to know how anyone can say that Boller > Grossman.

    From what I saw last night those two could be identical twins.
    Over the years Boller has shown some improvement, and has *always* shown the ability to brush off the bad breaks and recover quickly. I am comfortable with him as our backup and I think he will continue to improve, *as he always has*.

    Grossman looks like he's getting worse, not better, and appears throughout the season to be able to come completely unglued.

    That is how I can say Boller > Grossman.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  4. #19

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    These are the results you get when Boller plays in the rain.
    The same type of play you seen from rex grossman's superbowl
    I remember the Pats game when Kyle played in
    and it was kind of the same type of QB play
    Sloppy
    careless
    and
    Mistake ridden.

    The Similarities are there.
    You just need to open your eyes
    and look.
    I think some of the boller supporters should acknoweglde the similarites and move forward.
    It wont hurt anyone to do so.

    Ozzie says we are going to be looking
    for a qb
    to be our future
    He's just not sure
    if he is will draft one
    or bring one in from another club

    I think our days of talking about Kyle
    are coming to an end
    Cool! Poetry.

    I agree our days of talking about Kyle are coming to an end, unless they extend him, which they might & might not. But we will know this offseason, not next, whether the FO is considering Boller for the role of QOTF. I'm guessing no extension & he won't be back, but I'd much rather have him then Grossman as I've said now a couple of times.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  5. #20

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Yeah and with a great defense and so-so special teams, McNair couldn't win a single play-off game. Wonder what that says about Noodle Arm?
    It says that it would take a hell of an effort to beat the Colts this year in the playoffs, that defense came to play.

    BTW Boller and Grossman are very similar, both need some time on thed bench to observe. If Griese had come in around week 6- 8 the bears would have been better off. Now next year if McNair goes down around game 6-8 I feel confident that Boller could come in and shine and show his true potential.




  6. #21

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Over the years Boller has shown some improvement, and has *always* shown the ability to brush off the bad breaks and recover quickly. I am comfortable with him as our backup and I think he will continue to improve, *as he always has*.

    Grossman looks like he's getting worse, not better, and appears throughout the season to be able to come completely unglued.

    That is how I can say Boller > Grossman.

    And Boller has been consistant?

    Sorry dude, but the numbers just don't lie. Let's look at the only two years where the player started all 16 games...

    Grossman:
    2006att480comp262pct54.6yrds3193ypa6.65TD23INT20QB73.9


    Boller:
    2004att464comp258pct55.6yrds2559ypa5.52TD13INT11QB70.9


    Has Grossman been inconsistant? Definately....but so has our man Boller.

    There is simply no difinitive proof that one is better than the other. In fact, the evidence (subjective and factual) shows that they are damn similar.

    You can't even give Boller a point because he did not have the luxury of sitting on the sidelines for 2 years. Those extra 11 actual games should put him in a class above Grossman...

    Boller = Grossman maybe




  7. #22

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    > And Boller has been consistent?
    I'm not saying he's been consistent. I'm also not saying he should be our starter.

    I'm just saying two things about him:
    1. Boller has shown gradual improvement over the time we've seen him.
    2. Boller has always shown the ability to shake off a bad break and recover.

    Concerning Grossman, time will tell if he improves. I could be wrong, but it appears to me he does *not* have the proverbial amnesia required in professional sports. If he gets a bad break or two then he's done for the game.

    Career qb rating statistics for two young quarterbacks are meaningless, insofar as (a) the sample size is small, (b) they don't show change over time, and (c) they don't show patterns within games, which is what I've been talking about anyway.

    > There is simply no definitive proof that one is better than the other.
    Definitive? We are comparing two different young quarterbacks. They really haven't got much in common besides draft class. Considering they are apples and oranges, I think the standard of "definitive proof" is asking a lot.

    > In fact, the evidence (subjective and factual) shows that they are
    > damn similar.
    What subjective evidence? What factual evidence? My argument was about in-game breakdowns by Grossman, and the absence of the same by Boller. It was my subjective evidence based on my observations. You can disagree with your own subjective evidence, but your factual evidence of career qb ratings is irrelevant to what I wrote.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  8. #23

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Sorry dude, but the numbers just don't lie. Let's look at the only two years where the player started all 16 games...
    Fair enough. Let's look at another QBs stats from his first full season as a starter.

    415 attempts
    216 complete for 52% accuracy

    2665 yards
    6.42 YPA
    14 TDs
    13 INTs

    70.4 QB rating.

    I guess Steve McNair is the same as Boller and Grossman. Stats don't lie after all.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




  9. #24

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Honestly, you're all going to hate me...I'm no hater/hugger or anything...

    But I've got a feeling Boller is going to be given another shot once McNair is out after next year. There is also the potential you could see a guy like David Carr get a shot in Baltimore or the chance to compete with Boller for the job.

    We're not going to be in position to draft a top-flight prospect unless we really bomb next year.




  10. #25

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Fair enough. Let's look at another QBs stats from his first full season as a starter.

    415 attempts
    216 complete for 52% accuracy

    2665 yards
    6.42 YPA
    14 TDs
    13 INTs

    70.4 QB rating.

    I guess Steve McNair is the same as Boller and Grossman. Stats don't lie after all.

    I would agree with this argument if McNair had not been so successful in the years following. In fact, I am not arguing that Boller wont end up having a better career than Mac.

    What I am arguing is this idea that Boller is somehow better than Grossman, when there is no actual evidence. So far, after one complete season, they both are equally (or too close to distinguish) bad.

    Of course an opposite argument can also be made that Grossman hasn't shown himself to be much better than Boller.




  11. #26

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    And Boller has been consistant?

    Sorry dude, but the numbers just don't lie. Let's look at the only two years where the player started all 16 games...

    Grossman:
    2006att480comp262pct54.6yrds3193ypa6.65TD23INT20QB73.9


    Boller:
    2004att464comp258pct55.6yrds2559ypa5.52TD13INT11QB70.9


    Has Grossman been inconsistant? Definately....but so has our man Boller.

    There is simply no difinitive proof that one is better than the other. In fact, the evidence (subjective and factual) shows that they are damn similar.

    You can't even give Boller a point because he did not have the luxury of sitting on the sidelines for 2 years. Those extra 11 actual games should put him in a class above Grossman...

    Boller = Grossman maybe
    Boller 04- 2nd year in the NFL
    Grossman 06- 4th year in the NFL
    This displays exactly what the Boller Bashers just dont get- you can't compare a young QB to one with more experince. Most qbs take time to progress, and many have bad starts. What you want to see is progress. Boller has shown his best most recently- in his past five regular season games, as well as the preseason. All but one of those games were impressive. We have not seen him get worse since- indicating that he might much better.




  12. #27

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    What I am arguing is this idea that Boller is somehow better than Grossman, when there is no actual evidence. So far, after one complete season, they both are equally (or too close to distinguish) bad.
    There are only two things that we can say for a fact Boller is better than Grossman.

    -Boller has a better arm. Of course that doesn't make a better QB, but it is a part the QB package.

    -Grossman went to Florida. Really bad QBs come from Florida. Of course Boller is a Tedford product and they don't turn out all that great.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




  13. #28

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    I would agree with this argument if McNair had not been so successful in the years following. In fact, I am not arguing that Boller wont end up having a better career than Mac.

    What I am arguing is this idea that Boller is somehow better than Grossman, when there is no actual evidence.
    You must be joking -- you are not arguing that Boller won't end up having a better career than McNair, but you are arguing that Boller is not better than Grossman??? So, should we infer that you think Grossman will have a better career than McNair? I doubt it.

    Grossman could get better, like Boller has gotten better, but right now I'd take Boller over Grossman in a heartbeat.




  14. #29

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start



    Nailed it.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  15. #30

    Re: Rex Grossman Is Why Kyle Boller Should Not Start

    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    You must be joking -- you are not arguing that Boller won't end up having a better career than McNair, but you are arguing that Boller is not better than Grossman??? So, should we infer that you think Grossman will have a better career than McNair? I doubt it.

    Grossman could get better, like Boller has gotten better, but right now I'd take Boller over Grossman in a heartbeat.

    Comparing Boller or Grossman to McNair is ludacris. Mac has started 3x the number of regular season games and has shown that he can win in the playoffs. They are barely in the same league.

    Boller getting better? Sure, OK...but what does that have to do with comparing Boller to Grossman now?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland