Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Stoolers losing to Raiders in 4th Q!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    The ravens have yet to lose a game they were "supposed" to win.
    I did not say they lost because of playing down. But that it seems like they were playing down to Cleveland, and to Cincy as well. I am not taking anything away from Cincy as they have proven that they are a dominant team. But when I look at how hard they fought against Indy, Vikings, and Patriots, it just did not look like they had as much fight in them against Cincy, as they were expecting to walk all over them. I am not preaching the gospel, just giving an opinion.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

The ravens have yet to lose a game they were "supposed" to win.
    With all due repect, G7, few posters penciled us as in being swept by the Bengals.

On another note, one thing about playing OAK is that as a late game in Week 17, we should have a fairly clear idea of what needs to be done. If we're good and lucky, we'll already be in a position to look past them but I'm not counting on it.

BS
    Last edited by BlackSunday; 12-06-2009 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    :insane:

Cincy is a dominate team in the AFC... we were only supposed to beat them because we didn't know how good they were going to turn out to be. Don't be blinded by past history, this year's Bengals team is legit.
    Cincy is far from "dominate." They needed three calls for first downs to beat us here in Baltimore, that was definitely a game we should have won.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    With all due repect, G7, few posters penciled us as in being swept by the Bengals.

BS
    Maybe but to say we were "supposed" to be Cincy is stretching it a bit.

Mike Tomlin is going to have a stroke if they lose another game, just look at those bulging temples lol. Looks like the Ravens will be home free as long as they beat GB tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Cincy is far from "dominate." They needed three calls for first downs to beat us here in Baltimore, that was definitely a game we should have won.
    They swept their division. That makes them a dominate team... the fact that we splayed them to the limit only means we're also a very good team.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBrawla View Post
    Mike Tomlin is going to have a stroke if they lose another game, just look at those bulging temples lol. Looks like the Ravens will be home free as long as they beat GB tomorrow.

shhhhhhh.. don't jinx it. :D
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Cincy is a dominate team in the AFC... we were only supposed to beat them because we didn't know how good they were going to turn out to be. Don't be blinded by past history, this year's Bengals team is legit.
    We were a big fav in both those matches. You can't say this and then say we shouldn't have beaten a team like the Pats which has shown itself to be a mediocre team.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    We were a big fav in both those matches. You can't say this and then say we shouldn't have beaten a team like the Pats which has shown itself to be a mediocre team.

- C -
    The Pats we maybe should have beat. We definitely would have beaten them on the road as that seems to be their Achilles heel.

I was only addressing the idea that we should have beat Cincy... Cincy has proven that they're not the Bungals anymore.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

There's a big difference in a "beatable" team and a team we should have beat.

There's a big difference in a "beatable" team and a team we should have beat.
    Exactly.

First, if you're gonna call me crazy, spell correctly. :)

But seriously, if you don't use past history, then you cannot call ANY game a "supposed to win".

Second, they had a similar record to us when we played them, but at the time we were supposed to be the better team. It doesn't matter how the team is shaking out NOW. When we played them at home in week 4 we were SUPPOSED to beat them.