Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Stoolers losing to Raiders in 4th Q!!

while I like the Steelers losing, is anyone else worried about the "gimme game" we have against the Raiders? They've knocked off Cincy at Oakland and Pitt at Pitt!

Suddenly, that game doesn't seem so easy to me. That it's Week 17 with playoffs possibly on the line is even worse to me. We need to come out with our A game there, otherwise they'll suprise us and play spoiler.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    while I like the Steelers losing, is anyone else worried about the "gimme game" we have against the Raiders? They've knocked off Cincy at Oakland and Pitt at Pitt!

Suddenly, that game doesn't seem so easy to me. That it's Week 17 with playoffs possibly on the line is even worse to me. We need to come out with our A game there, otherwise they'll suprise us and play spoiler.
    I'm not concerned quite yet. A couple of those throws from Gradkowski were absolute flukes. I think the Steelers were looking past them TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm not concerned quite yet. A couple of those throws from Gradkowski were absolute flukes. I think the Steelers were looking past them TBH.

Yeah, but the Ravens have appeared to "play down" to their opponents and it has almost bit them in the butt. That last game against Cleveland for instance. We let them hang around for far too long in that game. If we play them like they are a legitimate threat a'la Colts, Pats, and any other solid team, then we should win convincingly. Basically, what I am saying is that the Ravens have looked past teams as well and I hope they take every game seriously from here on out.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

I kind've hoping Week 17 is a case where we absolutely need to win to get in. I think if our backs are to the wall in Week 17, we play this game like the Denver game or the SD game. If we're already sitting on a seed and thinking we're in, we could see them bust up our playoff chances.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by xmradiodave View Post
    Yeah, but the Ravens have appeared to "play down" to their opponents and it has almost bit them in the butt. That last game against Cleveland for instance. We let them hang around for far too long in that game.
    We let them hang with us all the way to the first two series of the third quarter.... That game was over with 20+ minutes of game time on the clock.

Compare that to the Chargers right now or the Bengals a few weeks ago. Chargers are in a one score game late in the 4th and the Bengals needed OT.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

We will unleash HELL in December!!!!

Ok, what I MEANT to say was; we're GOING TO HELL in December.
    You owe me a new keyboard.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

If any of u not watching the Terp BB game there is a dope behind the MD bench wearing a Steelers jersey. :grbac:
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Yeah, but the Ravens have appeared to "play down" to their opponents and it has almost bit them in the butt. That last game against Cleveland for instance. We let them hang around for far too long in that game. If we play them like they are a legitimate threat a'la Colts, Pats, and any other solid team, then we should win convincingly. Basically, what I am saying is that the Ravens have looked past teams as well and I hope they take every game seriously from here on out.
    The ravens have yet to lose a game they were "supposed" to win.

I don't think we really play down to our opponents, even the Cleveland game. Flacco is hurt and was hurt then too, that is why it may seem as though we have been playing "down". Our defense has become very strong after the first half of the Cincy game in Cincy, and we have still only lost to division leaders.

Losing to Kansas City + Losing to the Raiders = "Playing down" to the opponents

Losing to Raiders = "Playing down" to the opponents (referring to the Bengals this time.

That was a real dandy.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    The ravens have yet to lose a game they were "supposed" to win.
    Cincy.

Cincy.
    :insane:

Cincy is a dominate team in the AFC... we were only supposed to beat them because we didn't know how good they were going to turn out to be. Don't be blinded by past history, this year's Bengals team is legit.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis