Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prince's Halftime Show

Ten Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prince's lead guitar talent is really overlooked.

The PURPLE RAIN song is depressing me, however because it makes me think of our Ravens and what if we had a more aggressive offense.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Prince's Halftime Show

100 times better than the pre game show!!! Overall a good showing by Prince...That gay crap in the pregame......What can you say?
    Last edited by Raven Nurse; 02-04-2007 at 10:06 PM.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    100 times better than the pre game show!!! Overall a good showing by Prince...They gay crap in the pregame......What can you say?
    Also, wasn't that National Anthem truly awful?
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

The pregame show was the worst I have ever seen... I'm a pretty artsy guy at times, and I actually like Cirque d'solie but NOT COMBINED WITH FOOTBALL!!!! Who the hell thought that would be a good idea?!?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Prince was decent,I was mildly impressed.

It all sucked! I say cut the pre & post game bullshit and let them play. It's football, not Artscape for christ sake.
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

7. Re: Prince's Halftime Show

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    The pregame show was the worst I have ever seen... I'm a pretty artsy guy at times, and I actually like Cirque d'solie but NOT COMBINED WITH FOOTBALL!!!! Who the hell thought that would be a good idea?!?
    I do not know about being the worst but not what I expected as a Cirque Du Soleil fan. It was not their best effort but I do not think they were given enough say in the process or it would have been better. I did like the ostrich thing though. I thought Prince rocked but I am a biased fan. I was the best in years. Although I would not be disappointed if they got rid of that stuff.

It's obvious that prince is a good musician and a very good guitarist, but he doesn't do it for me. He's too effeminate and his singing isn't very impressive.

Nevertheless, the guy is talented.

I skipped the pregame garbage but I watched the halftime show, and I thought it was pretty solid. Prince's song selection surprised me, though -- "Proud Mary?" "All Along the Watchtower?" I assumed he would be singing his own material, not covers.

I thought Billy Joel was okay on the national anthem. Not anything special, but at least he didn't butcher it like so many singers do.

I was pretty surprised to see Prince doing a Foo Fighters song. It was a decent halftime show. Nothing really special.

I thought the whole thing sucked. I'm not a fan of Prince at all and I was bored to death. They shoulda had someone who could rock the house instead of prance around with a pansy lookin guitar. Garbage, complete garbage.
    DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

I'm not a Prince fan at all, but I was mostly impressed. The guy can play some serious Rock guitar, and the medley of covers was outstanding IMO. During Purple Rain, I pretty much talked to my wife throughout it, explaining how cool the song would have been if the Ravens had made it there, Purple Reign of course.

Did anyone else notice the thing I thought had at least some potential for a media controversy?
    Prince was playing his silly-ass "symbol man" guitar, and was backlit behind the flappy sheet thing. A couple of times when he moved around, the lower "symbol" part of the guitar made his shadow appear to have a big hard-on!
    It was really quick, and nothing to compare with the "wardrobe malfunction," but I figured some uptight, morally outraged folks would try to cause a ruckus over it. A few people I work with noticed it too, so I know my wife and I weren't the only ones with our minds in the gutter!
    "Well, I'd rather live with the hound dogs, for the rest of my natural-born life." Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd