Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Confirmation on New HD Video Boards

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I still don't get the lawsuit debate with escalators. I know there have been accidents in the past, but this hasn't stopped nearly every other stadium from having them. There are also numerous other state run facilities that use escalators every day and not just 10-20 times a year. Look at subway stations, airports, and state office buildings.
    They wont ADD them. That was my point. I never said they wont use them at all.

I have family members who work as property managers and they are a huge burden fiscally.

People love them, but if you saw the bill it costs the state every year, it would floor you.

T is part of that wine and cheese crowd in the club level now. After escalators, he will want heated seats, lattes for all his seat mates, etc.

You know how that goes. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Is that akin to penis-envy?

Yes, but more expensive.

Talking Re: Confirmation on New HD Video Boards

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    T is part of that wine and cheese crowd in the club level now. After escalators, he will want heated seats, lattes for all his seat mates, etc.

You know how that goes. ;)
    I still prefer my upper deck seats. I only moved to the clubs because climbing the upper deck ramps helped destroy both knees. (Also because my wife gave me orders).
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'm not sure I want to see my boy T-Sizzle's face in larger-than-life HD...:grbac:

I still prefer my upper deck seats. I only moved to the clubs because climbing the upper deck ramps helped destroy both knees. (Also because my wife gave me orders).
    And this is the reason why I can't take my dad to games anymore because at 72 the old guy can't take the steps or ramps and hie up 19 rows to my seats about 7 from the top.

I find it funny during the "evacuation" video they mention escalators.

Maybe in 20 years and we get a new stadium they will have escalators, and a retractable dome.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    And this is the reason why I can't take my dad to games anymore because at 72 the old guy can't take the steps or ramps and hie up 19 rows to my seats about 7 from the top.

Maybe in 20 years and we get a new stadium they will have escalators, and a retractable dome.
    I admit that I don't go to games nearly as much as I should... last week was my first game in years and I was more focused on beating Pitt than on examining the stadium... but don't they have elevators for folks who can't hoof it all the way up?

Also.... a dome? Eff that noise man, football should simply not be played indoors.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post

When I had UL seats, My father (in his 70's as well) went with me and we used the elevators with no problem.

Wink Re: Confirmation on New HD Video Boards

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Also.... a dome? Eff that noise man, football should simply not be played indoors.
    Geez -- this discussion is really going astray, from HDTV to escalators to domes.

Nine NFL stadiums are played in the mild weather South or West Coast. Eight of remaining 22 NFL stadiums are played in domes. Three of eight CFL stadiums are played in domes. That's a pretty sizeable proportion of pro football games played in comfort. How can you say that "football should simply not be played indoors" with so much football already being played indoors? Why, when we are so much more technologically advanced today, should quality of play be impacted by rain, snow, wind, or cold? And, in particular, fan comfort?

I followed the Saints in the Superdome for three seasons. These were the most comfortable football games I ever attended, with theatre style cushioned seats and a/c. (Plus vendors serving Hurricanes and Daiquiris).

I wonder how many of the football fans who disdain domes also rarely or never attend games in bad weather? :grbac:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Geez -- this discussion is really going astray, from HDTV to escalators to domes.

Nine NFL stadiums are played in the mild weather South or West Coast. Eight of remaining 22 NFL stadiums are played in domes. Three of eight CFL stadiums are played in domes. That's a pretty sizeable proportion of pro football games played in comfort. How can you say that "football should simply not be played indoors" with so much football already being played indoors? Why, when we are so much more technologically advanced today, should quality of play be impacted by rain, snow, wind, or cold? And, in particular, fan comfort?

I followed the Saints in the Superdome for three seasons. These were the most comfortable football games I ever attended, with theatre style cushioned seats and a/c. (Plus vendors serving Hurricanes and Daiquiris).

I wonder how many of the football fans who disdain domes also rarely or never attend games in bad weather? :grbac:
    Like I said earlier, I don't often attend games anymore, but before I got married I used to go constantly. I was in the top row up in the corner during the first playoff game of our Superbowl run against the Broncos and I don't know if I've ever been that cold since... the wind! I've been to games where I was soaked to the bone by the time pregame ended, and I've been to snow games.

I love that football games can't be rained out, winded out, or snowed out. (They can be hurricaned out and lightninged out... but a dome doesn't really prevent either of those things anyway.) I think football is at its best when its cold, muddy, wet, and nature is as much an enemy as the other team. I disdain the NFL's refusal to play a cold weather Super Bowl.

Do most people agree with me? Obviously not, heck the players probably don't... but I can honestly say that I wouldn't argue with Pissburgh fans who'd call us soft if we moved to a domed field.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    I wouldn't argue with Pissburgh fans who'd call us soft if we moved to a domed field.
    I don't think you'll have much to worry about -- would a State that's too cheap to fund a few millions for escalators be willing to fund several hundred millions for a roof?

btw: if you want to call Steelers fans soft because they use escalators at Heinz Field, please go ahead!

I just don't see the need. I'm always amazed with the quality of the screens we already have...I have 1080's all over my house so I'm aware of what we're missing
    Jeeze.....I guess my now $90. seats are on the fast track to $100. or above

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I still don't get the lawsuit debate with escalators. I know there have been accidents in the past, but this hasn't stopped nearly every other stadium from having them. There are also numerous other state run facilities that use escalators every day and not just 10-20 times a year. Look at subway stations, airports, and state office buildings.
    OPACY - I'm tired of people mocking the escalator debateor the bathroom problem in the upper deck. Class war still exists as those who have mock those who don't. Well, just like the upgrades to the club level I paid for & received nothing for my increased ticket price & the enhancement I received with the addition of 400 recycling bins, I can't wait to see the enhancement of the HD boards. I can see the current boards just fine but I'm sure my game day enhancement will be increased!!!

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!