Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Jamal Lewis is done

I think we're getting too crazy with this ring of honor. I think we should save it for career Ravens, or at least guys that gave us 10 years.

Byner is a joke and we all know that. I'm OK with McCrary because not only was he great on the field, but he was a total class act off the field as well. Jailmal had a couple great years here, but he said some bitter things when he left and he was anything but a class act off the field. I really don't want an ex federal convict anywhere near the ROH.

We are still a young franchise and I hope that we will have many future cadidates for the ROH. We have two playing on the team right now in Ray and Reed. Flacco has the potential to be there one day and Stover should probably go in when he is officialy retired. I'm hoping Ray Rice turns out to be a more dominating back for us than Jailmal. It cheapens the whole thing to throw too many players in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I think we're getting too crazy with this ring of honor. I think we should save it for career Ravens, or at least guys that gave us 10 years.

Byner is a joke and we all know that. I'm OK with McCrary because not only was he great on the field, but he was a total class act off the field as well. Jailmal had a couple great years here, but he said some bitter things when he left and he was anything but a class act off the field. I really don't want an ex federal convict anywhere near the ROH.
    Jamal (seriously Jailmal? Grow up.) is our all time leading rusher, had the second greatest rushing season of all time for us WITH KYLE BOLLER behind center, and played for us for more years than McCrary (who your ok with despite his only playing 5 years for us, two of which were cut in half by injuries.)

You're insistence on name calling is hardly what I'd call being a class act... and to me it cheapens anything you have to say on the subject.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Byner is a joke and we all know that.
    And therein is the problem. Byner was such a horrible choice that the whole ROH idea has been compromised. I wish Bisciotti had the balls to remove Byner.

McCrary and Boulware were great contributors to the team's successes, but are these guys really ROH material? If so, what about Michael Jackson? Chris McAlister, Matt Stover?

And Art Modell? Gimme a break! He did nothing but move to Baltimore bankrupted. What did he contribute, as Ravens owner? (btw: I'd be more Christian about Modell if he had insisted that the MSA install escalators)

Jailmal had a couple great years here, but he said some bitter things when he left and he was anything but a class act off the field. I really don't want an ex federal convict anywhere near the ROH.
    Has any other Ravens achieved so much, statistically, as Jamal? He was the backbone of our offense for years. Again, with the bar lowered to Byner's level, I see Jamal as a shoo-in for our ROH.

I don't fault him too much for his run-in with the Feds, which occurred before he ever put a Ravens uniform on and was a really a case of entrapment. There was no evidence of Jamal being involved in selling.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

He let a friend use his phone for Christs sake, it's not like he was on the corner slingin' rocks. Sheesh.

No way Byner should be there, and I don't think Boulware should be in either.

If we lower the bar to Byner then we could make a case for putting Jason Brookins in there. Byner was an obvious mistake. I guess the team wanted a ring of honor before they really had anyone worth putting in it. Boulware played his entire career here and was a multi-time probowl linebacker. I don't have a problem with him. McCrary is really iffy, but the guy was such a total class act and great person that I'm not too bothered by him being there. Modell is iffy, but I guess you could make the case that without him there would be no Ravens. He doesn't deserve the HOF though.

Jamal is an asshole. He pissed all over the team when he left. I can't see any reason for the team to honor him outside of the millions they paid him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He had a very good career here with the Ravens and should be in the ring of honor.
    Give him one of those $1 contracts and let him retire as a Raven and not a Cleveland Clown.

7. Re: Jamal Lewis is done

If we lower the bar to Byner then we could make a case for putting Jason Brookins in there. Byner was an obvious mistake. I guess the team wanted a ring of honor before they really had anyone worth putting in it. Boulware played his entire career here and was a multi-time probowl linebacker. I don't have a problem with him. McCrary is really iffy, but the guy was such a total class act and great person that I'm not too bothered by him being there. Modell is iffy, but I guess you could make the case that without him there would be no Ravens. He doesn't deserve the HOF though.

Jamal is an asshole. He pissed all over the team when he left. I can't see any reason for the team to honor him outside of the millions they paid him.
    Are you serious??:insane:

Byner
    and with that one word the thread is derailed.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The thing is, you can't take Byner out of there now, that would be kinda cheesy. He's in there for good now, unfortunately. That was a Modell move all the way.

I do think Jamal should be in there, he did a lot of good for our franchise and helped us win a Super Bowl, not to mention all of his individual records achieved while wearing purple and black.

He doesn't deserve the HOF though.
    Art Modell not only helped complete the merger but was the original negotiator of TV contracts for the NFL and has been a voice for over 60 years in this league. Unless you are named Toni Grossi and you like to whine shut up.

Definite RoH inductee and there should be no question ...

Kinda shocked that some are some so venomous about this. Jamal had beef with Billick, IIRC. Since BB is gone, I am sure he isnt holding a grudge.

If a person who was the bedrock of this teams offense for years is not quality material, who is?

I think we can all agree Byner never belonged in the ROH. Jamal deserves it and it will be done.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998