Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Preston being Racist?

I got it. It's Missing Blond White DE/LB Hybrid Syndrome! Mormon, blond, missing... he's the Elisabeth Smart of professional football!

Preston should have been fired when the Sun axed Steele and Maese.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I got it. It's Missing Blond White DE/LB Hybrid Syndrome! Mormon, blond, missing... he's the Elisabeth Smart of professional football!
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're an idiot.

4. Re: Preston being Racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rza52 View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're an idiot.

Blog Entries

Elaborate. Whatever motivation is behind the obsession fans have over him is born from the same part of the collective psyche that causes a media frenzy when a cute blond kid goes missing. If me pointing that out infuriates you, then so be it.

You'll have a chance to ask him about it if you call in to the Bruce Cunninham Show at 12 noon.
    Assuming you can get a word in given how Cunningham shrieks like a little schoolgirl after everything Preston says.

Today Cunningham chuckled like a Brokeback Mountain slappy and said he understood why Preston would get up so early despite going to bed so late just to see the handsome Tom Matte on the Monday Morning QB Show.

The Dumas doesn't even know that his "good buddy" Matte wasn't even on the show. Cunningham is a phony and a poser.

That aside, Preston seems to suck it all up and now comes off as some unrivaled authority and he's not. Preston isn't bad, actually like him better on air than in print. He's much better and less pompous when Cunningham is shoveling his man crush praise upon Preston over and over.

Give that show to Brett Hollander!

7. Re: Preston being Racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Rizon View Post

Give that show to Brett Hollander!

What a douche, he couldn't be more wrong.

I think the excitment over Krueger is that he reminds of McCrary and that we have no real speed threat off the corner. Krueger opitimizes that potential. Plain and simple.

It has nothing to do with race or whatever the Elizabeth Smart theory is all about. Not sure if I understand where you are going with that???

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I know I may get blasted for this, but I've often thought the same thing while trying to make sense out of the borderline obsessive infatuation the fans seem to have over Kruger. Not that I don't like the kid, but there is something at play beyond his abilities that make... oh... 70% of the fans fawn over him like his is their son. I've always thought it was empathy, and I've always suspected that empathy was stronger because it was easier to fantasize about Kruger being a family member to... oh... 70% of the fan base because of his race.

Still, that's something to keep to yourself unless you are a nobody like me. Preston doesn't have that kind of freedom.
    No dude, people want to see him play BECAUSE HE'S A SECOND ROUND PICK, AND WE NEED HELP WITH THE PASS RUSH. Saying people want him to play because he's white is ASSININE ! Anyone who agrees with him is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Didn't hear it but those are the type of comments that will get you fired. Just ask Rush.
    Where have you been? He won't even get a slap on the wrist...

Here in the US, Racism only comes from White people towards Minorities. It does not go both ways. It is perfectly acceptable for a black man to act as bigoted, discriminatory and downright ignorant towards "white men" as a whole that they wish. We owe it to them, don't you know, 200 years ago their ancestors were slaves. We owe them for eternity now.

This could have been on the very largest stage, and still not one peep would come out. There is no NAAWP, and if there was it would be deemed unconstitutional.

I always thought that the interest in Kruger might have something to do with the usual struggles in his life, kinda like having an extra interest in Michael Oher. Thank God Michael is black so I don't have to feel any guilt about being a fan of his!

I was starting to like Preston more after hearing him on the Bruce Cunningham show, but I lose respect for the man for saying such a thing. I have never met a Ravens fan who gave a damn what color a player's skin was, just so he bleeds purple and plays like a Raven!!