Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Heroes and Goats...(Life Support Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    One of those two men was not where he was supposed to be. I don't think it's fair to assume it was Flacco...

Fun post, as usual.
    Flac has had some shitty looking hand offs this year, but that last one looked like McGahee, because Joe turned around to hand the ball off for what appeared to be up the middle seeing that the outside guy wasn't blocked very well, and Willis took a step to the outside instead of going straight up the middle and Joe had to chase him down to give him the ball.

Blog Entries

I'd also at least add an honorable mention for Lardarius.
    Thought he was pretty effective and solid.

And I remember him coming out of the ending pile with the football. Course, we didn't recover it, but that didn't stop him from fighting for it. That alone gets a kudos from me.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Kudos to the use of "pwning"!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I place the most blame for that on Cam Cameron/Harbs. On second down we should have put Ngata in the game to lead block for Ray Rice, or as a decoy and let our 6 foot 5/235 lb QB punch it in from 2 freakin feet away. It's just a prime example of how unprepared the team currently is to make the most of our touchdown opportunities.
    I agree with that; but the freakin interior O-line needed to play smash-mouth down there, and they failed miserably....they just did not want it as much as the Colts D-line.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I thought the handoff was MacGahee's fault, that's how it looked to me. The Clark TD was Reed's fault, he was on Clark originally, he tried to jump the inside slant, so Fox had to try to get to Clark at the last minute. That's 2 very bad plays by Ed, he doesn't deserve to be on the heroes list this week.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Kudos to the use of "pwning"!

And kudos to you, Sir, for noticing...:D

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall
    I thought the handoff was MacGahee's fault, that's how it looked to me. The Clark TD was Reed's fault, he was on Clark originally, he tried to jump the inside slant, so Fox had to try to get to Clark at the last minute. That's 2 very bad plays by Ed, he doesn't deserve to be on the heroes list this week.
    I'll agree to disagree on the handoff, although I've studied Joe's handoffs a lot more closely this season and IMO, he's hit-or-miss in that area overall for his admittedly brief career.

Tell me who Foxworth was supposed to be defending and perhaps placing the blame on Ed Reed for the Clark TD will make sense. I doubt it though.

I don't remember who Fox had originally, and I didn't dvr the game. He had the outside man, so I will assume it was Wayne, or Garcon. Go back and watch it, and you will see what I'm talking about. That was Ed all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Tell me who Foxworth was supposed to be defending and perhaps placing the blame on Ed Reed for the Clark TD will make sense. I doubt it though.
    Foxworth was lined up on the outside against Wayne. Reed was lined up against Clark who was in the slot. Wayne ran a little crossing route and Foxworth stayed on him. Ed Reed jumped the crossing route and left Clark wide open for the easy score.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Foxworth was lined up on the outside against Wayne. Reed was lined up against Clark who was in the slot. Wayne ran a little crossing route and Foxworth stayed on him. Ed Reed jumped the crossing route and left Clark wide open for the easy score.
    Thanks, I thought it was Wayne, but wasn't sure.