Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Has Anita Marks been right all along?

She's been clamoring for a #1 wide receiver since training camp and it got under my crawl a lot and got on many others nerves this year! But was she right all along? I don't know, but I think if we had a true #1 wideout yesterday, we may have won..Flacco had plenty of time to throw and he wasn't sacked once!!!! Do we still have a #1 receiver on our team? Drastic times calls for drastic changes! Do we NOW try D. Will? Cam Cameron has got to try something else on the outside!

2. Re: Has Anita Marks been right all along?

I hear you but also you have to be thinking that Flacco just needs another year to develop the awareness it takes to find the open receiver and close teams out. I was having flashbacks to the 2000 season. Five field goals is not going to get it done.

3. Re: Has Anita Marks been right all along?

Quote Originally Posted by NCsizzle View Post
    I was having flashbacks to the 2000 season.
    I like that thought, NC...Could still happen! We are still not out of it! If we can right this ship and win out....you never know!!!

Re: Has Anita Marks been right all along?

I have to admit that I never agree w/ Marks on anything, but I did on this topic back in August.

Next year is a MAJOR measuring point for a QB and Flacco could use a legit #1WR. It's long overdue.

I don't think people realize how much of a diff it could make on the offense...esp if Flacco does keep progressing.

FM

There's no doubt a big,fast, talented WR would help us out. I don't think anyone would disagree with that.

The area of contention has always been how, who, and how much should we give up.

Was she right to think that we should trade two high draft picks for a wife beater looking for a 50 million dollar contract? Umm...no.

Do we need a big reciever? Yup.

7. Re: Has Anita Marks been right all along?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Was she right to think that we should trade two high draft picks for a wife beater looking for a 50 million dollar contract? Umm...no.

No, but if you can get a #1 wide out with a #1 draft pick and a 5th or 7th from a team, you make that trade!! You can never count on a #1 drafted wide out to turn out when they hit the NFL! It happens way too many timesI would have traded a #1 and a #4 for Brandon Marshall

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post

Guess that one is a matter of opinion. I know Hards is all about character, but I think talented football players score touchdown not nice guys.

Not saying Brandon Marshall is what they should have done, but I would have traded a 1st and 3rd for him... better than using a 1st and getting a Heyward-bey or Mark Clayton ( who is a average WR, just not worth a 1st rounder).

Angry Re: Has Anita Marks been right all along?

The whole Ravens philosophy of never trade a 1st round pick is just silly.

Trading an unknown quantity for a known quantity makes sense to me...esp in this situation. If some team wanted to trade a probowl caliber #1 WR for a 1st round dradt pick...you should pull the trigger.

Oh, but wait, the RAvens would rather draft WRs in the 4th round or later and wonder why they don't pan out. Duuuuuuuuuh.

FM

Yes, Marks was absolutely right, but don't give her too much credit. Anyone with half a brain knew that this team needed some major upgrades at the receiver position, that is anyone but our GM.

Blog Entries

I don't think it's all on a true #1 WR...Game planning probably has a lot to do with it...Cam is trying to be run heavy to appease the masses. Plus, I'm wodnering if Joe's read progression is Mason, Rice, Heap, throwaway...?

Certainly, we could benefit from some better WR play. Don't know if we need to take the Anita Marks route and trade it all for TO or Boldin, but certainly need SOMEONE as good as Mason to take some heat off of him. Clayton and Washington just aren't starting caliber WRs right now.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

No, she is clueless. She thinks not giving McGahee half the carries is this team's problem. I like McGahee but come on.