Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 26272829 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Colts

I almost wish we had been blown out.

Losing close to good teams dowsn't make you a good team. It just makes you ALMOST lucky.

This is not our year. We need to focus on character and playcalling for next year at this point. Cut out the stupid defensive mindsets, where guys hit slightly dirty to give the appearance of being tough, guys try to lateral because we don't trust our offense to move the ball, and guys take stupid plays because they get heated.

And the playcalling...have some imagination.

Re-fin-dicilous.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

OPTIMISM:

KC and Steelers go to OT...Roth is OUT, Batch in. Maybe a lingering injury that keeps him out next week. I don't wish injuries, but we need Big Ben out to have a chance next week.

Bring back Billick.

Of course Stover wins the game.

Harbaugh and Cameron are gutless. They play for field goals. And our defense didn't hold a fourth quarter lead (early, but a fourth quarter lead), and had problems stopping third downs, allowing the two TDs.

First and goal from the one, no McGahee, no rollout.
    Al

Blog Entries

Ok, enough with the Stover to win the game crap.

Cundiff was our stover today...our ENTIRE offense. With a different kicker, Indy probably still wins that game. Yeah he missed one which was a bad snap, can't really blame him entirely for that.

Once again, kicker is just the easiest point to blame...Blame the offense playcalling, blame Ed Reed for his lateral crap, blame coaching...but Stover being on either side of the ball wouldn't have mattered today.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Yes, if KC wins and especially if Ben is out, that obviously helps a lot. Next week is a must win regardless.

Anyway, I think Miami and NYJ aren't really in the wildcard mix.

HOLY SHIT, Chiefs about to win!

Blog Entries

KC about to win...down to the 1 or 2 yard line on a HUGE CHambers pass...

FG should win it

And our defense didn't hold a fourth quarter lead (early, but a fourth quarter lead), and had problems stopping third downs, allowing the two TDs.
    What? They held Manning to 17 points and you complain about the defense?

Succop on for the winner: its good! Steelers lose!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    What? They held Manning to 17 points and you complain about the defense?
    OriAl complains about everybody every game. Just ignore him.

Succop connects, and helps our chances a lot. And to think, he was supposed to be a Raven. Damn.

There's still a shot - anything can happen. Win next week, and you're arguably in the drivers seat for a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Ok, enough with the Stover to win the game crap.

Cundiff was our stover today...our ENTIRE offense. With a different kicker, Indy probably still wins that game. Yeah he missed one which was a bad snap, can't really blame him entirely for that.

Once again, kicker is just the easiest point to blame...Blame the offense playcalling, blame Ed Reed for his lateral crap, blame coaching...but Stover being on either side of the ball wouldn't have mattered today.
    Thank you!

Cundiff today kicked 5, count them FIVE field goals today. He had to kick them because our offense couldn't find the fucking endzone even being less than a yard away from it.

A YARD AWAY!!!!!

And while I realize the Steelers lost now, the Jaguars won. That puts both the Steelers and the Jags at 6-4. Not to mention if the Texans win today they will also be 6-4.

I believe we would need to run the table completely to get in, and that' sjust not going to happen.

Blog Entries

Our D wasn't bad, but we had some gifts on those turnovers. If it was Clark making that goalline catch, he doesn't fumble and this game was nowhere near as close as he would've had the TD. And we gave up a LOT to their WRs, so they had a lot of chances to get FGs.

12. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Colts

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Thank you!

Cundiff today kicked 5, count them FIVE field goals today. He had to kick them because our offense couldn't find the fucking endzone even being less than a yard away from it.

A YARD AWAY!!!!!

And while I realize the Steelers lost now, the Jaguars won. That puts both the Steelers and the Jags at 6-4. Not to mention if the Texans win today they will also be 6-4.

I believe we would need to run the table completely to get in, and that' sjust not going to happen.
    We need to go 11-5 to get it? I doubt it. 10-6 gets us in. We win out minus the game at Pitt and we're in.