Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ray on NFLTA in South Beach

Ray was just interviewed on NFLTA by Deion Sanders. Kind of a softball type of interview but there were some interesting topics:

-Ray feels that there was a lot of hype around McNair being brought here. Basically, only one team wins every year, and this wasnt our year. He mentioned that it was only McNairs first year and we have a great shot at it again next year.

- Rays said that he thinks its his duty to educate the young guys and leave an impression on them. He said his legacy is nothing if he cant influence his teammates.

-Ray doesnt like the turf. He said "When you get hit on the natural grass you skin stays with you. But on the turf it comes right off"

-Ray also doesnt like the QB rules. He makes a good point, if a 300 lb lineman is allowed to dive at his knees, why cant he tackle the QB too high or low?

-Ray says that he should be the highest paid LB in the NFL, he is going to work on a deal this offseason. Just kidding about that one.

The main coverage features Rod Woodson and Trent Dilfer, if anyone cares.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Re: Ray on NFLTA in South Beach

Thanks for posting that.
    I think if the Raves could easily afford it, he should be the highest paid LB in the NFL. But oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post

-Ray says that he should be the highest paid LB in the NFL, he is going to work on a deal this offseason. Just kidding about that one.

Damn, I was just about to create a Ray Lewis bash thread, when I saw the laughing face.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

Still boycotting NFLN!

It was pretty funny, Goose came in with a huge cigar in his mouth. Looked like someone straight outta the Sopranos.

He was promoting some party he is having in Miami, he wasnt even a featured guest or anything, he just walked on to the set.

I love that guy!
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

"Still boycotting NFLN!"

I right there with you dk . . . . I haven't watched ESPN or NFLN OR the local sports news since that awful Saturday a few weeks ago. Just can't do it.

I haven't even been able to listen to Drew and Casey on my drive to work either.

I'm still bitter and depressed and yes, I know, a complete lunatic . . . but there it is . . . . I went off the deep end and just can't seem to get over it
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    I haven't even been able to listen to Drew and Casey on my drive to work either.
    I didn't feel right until I got back into NST. I don't know how you recover without that therapy.

This way?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I'm thinking that after "that game on Sunday that I don't think I can watch" is over, I'll ease back into NST in the morning. I really like the new morning format with just Drew and Casey.

I just can't do it yet . . . . I'm a slow healer and yes, drinking helps
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

"Still boycotting NFLN!"

I right there with you dk . . . . I haven't watched ESPN or NFLN OR the local sports news since that awful Saturday a few weeks ago. Just can't do it.

I'm still bitter and depressed and yes, I know, a complete lunatic . . . but there it is . . . . I went off the deep end and just can't seem to get over it
    IF/WHEN the Irsays lose, I will watch on Monday, If not I'll be too hungover so it will happen in a few weeks.

I'm thinking that after "that game on Sunday that I don't think I can watch" is over, I'll ease back into NST in the morning. I really like the new morning format with just Drew and Casey.
    I agree about the new format 100%. It's much better then I thought it would be, it's much better then it was before.

You missed a great interview with Chad Johnson this morning. He basically said (summarizing) he especially likes playing against the Ravens defense because they're the best.

Too bad you missed it! :D
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven View Post
    Still boycotting NFLN!
    Well, if Comcast would ever get around to adding the NFLN here, I would be boycotting it too. That said, I haven't been into watching ESPN, CSN, ESPNN, or listening to WNST since that fateful Saturday. I will get back into it in the next week or so.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I'm with you, LR127. I've not watched ESPN or NFLTA since January 12. I've not read ANY press coverage of the SB and am still not sure if I can watch it on Sunday.

Generally, this sucks.