Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: WTF

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: WTF



    I like this board a lot better than YBR, but I do sort of miss all the activity over there in the old days. If Ravens news broke, there would be 3 threads on it all at once. It was a great way to get the news quickly and also see many opinions. Over here, the threads are few and far between. I know it comes with building a dedicated core of users, but this place is definitely headed in the right direction!




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    443

    Re: WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I like this board a lot better than YBR, but I do sort of miss all the activity over there in the old days. If Ravens news broke, there would be 3 threads on it all at once. It was a great way to get the news quickly and also see many opinions. Over here, the threads are few and far between. I know it comes with building a dedicated core of users, but this place is definitely headed in the right direction!
    I agree. It will probably get harder to build a core though. I believe the Raven's website is going to be adding message boards soon as well. That will make 4 (5?) different Raven's forums?




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Foggy Bottom, DC
    Posts
    530

    Re: WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    I agree. It will probably get harder to build a core though. I believe the Raven's website is going to be adding message boards soon as well. That will make 4 (5?) different Raven's forums?
    Just because there are official boards doesn't mean anyone has to use them. There are other teams whose best boards are not the ones on the team site.

    I'm a Caps fan and the official boards are their primary message board. As much as I like it over there the faceless Mods can alter things at any given time and also implement a crazy word filter. For example if you say "ass" it posts as "that donkey from that other movie". Also, one of the players whose first name is Semen only posts as "Shipsman".

    I think the Ravens might be getting to the party too late to really dominate the message board scene. The site closest to this one for another team is PewterReport.com and that is the go to Bucs message board for everything.




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    443

    Re: WTF

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Just because there are official boards doesn't mean anyone has to use them. There are other teams whose best boards are not the ones on the team site.

    I think the Ravens might be getting to the party too late to really dominate the message board scene. The site closest to this one for another team is PewterReport.com and that is the go to Bucs message board for everything.
    I don't think the Ravens official board will dominate by any means. My point is that as new fans look for forums they already have several options. So the fan base may end up being well divided and none of the forums will get enough "good" posters to be the main destination.




  5. #35

    Re: WTF

    My vote would go against linking with other team sites. This site and board has continued to get better and better.




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Probably on the wrong side of the road.
    Posts
    3,044
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: WTF

    One thing we thought about and simply didn't do last season was ask members of that week's opponent's message boards to come on over.

    We kept quiet and you will notice that the Colt's fans found us in the final weeks of the season. I'm sure that next year (this year) this board will be positioned nicely to be found easily by fans of the opponents for that week.

    It will be fun.

    We have absolutley everything going for us and by the time training camps roll around, this will be a great place for Ravens fans to hang.
    Admin Steve
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.




  7. #37

    Re: WTF

    One thing we thought about and simply didn't do last season was ask members of that week's opponent's message boards to come on over.

    We kept quiet and you will notice that the Colt's fans found us in the final weeks of the season. I'm sure that next year (this year) this board will be positioned nicely to be found easily by fans of the opponents for that week.

    It will be fun.

    We have absolutley everything going for us and by the time training camps roll around, this will be a great place for Ravens fans to hang.
    I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you for giving us the opportunity to talk about our ravens amongst us fellow ravens fans, and thanks for running a great board. you and the mods here do a great job




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland