Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF

WTF

Does the Name changing thing also have to do with the Icons beside each thread?

If so why is it still Your Baltimore Ravens & why do they get to keep their Ravens stuff.....

Last edited by Ravens0587; 01-31-2007 at 06:19 PM.

Question Re: WTF

Huh??????
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: WTF

That board is garbage now, I don't even bother browsing anymore over there.

I was referring to the name change, and the fact that we used to have little raven logos and know we have a corkboard with notes stuck on it.

while the other Ravens message board has the name YOur Baltimore Ravens circled in red and the Raven threads circled in yellow

It is definitly BS that this site has to change and that one doesn't.

On a related note, that was the worst site re-design of all time. It is near unreadable. DRay did a good job of getting people back in line and I was still posting a good amount over there, but I have pretty much stopped since I can't look at that disgusting webpage anymore.
    Last edited by GreenWave52; 02-01-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Folks we just have to be in compliance. I'm in touch with the NFL now and they've been very cooperative. We will have something to replace the logo buttons...We are in the process of designing our own.

As for the other boards, we can't speak for them....we can only tend to our own business. We plan on being here for a long time and we plan on adding some new things throughout the offseason, not just here but on the main site as well. Most might think that the NFL is policing too much. But it is what it is and we really have no other choice but to comply.

We'll be ok and then some.

If you have any suggestions, we're always open to your thoughts.

Thanks as always for your support and for being part of 24x7!

I got banned from that Board by DDay, so I dont bother to browse there anymore.

But the new upgrade would have been the straw that broke the camels back between these two boards.

Its impossible to read that one now. Looks terrible. Who made that decision?

This board is by far superior.

In the defense of the NFL [ducks], I think they may be concerned if they let a bunch of folks on the web use the team logos or lookalikes, then they will forfeit their right to the protection the law gives them for those insignia.

I'm not sure about that, but it might be they are trying to do something they have to do for business reasons, and are not being asses for the sake of being asses.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I got banned from that Board by DDay, so I dont bother to browse there anymore.

But the new upgrade would have been the straw that broke the camels back between these two boards.

Its impossible to read that one now. Looks terrible. Who made that decision?

This board is by far superior.
    All the scout network boards are moving to that format, TerpSportsReport.com went to that format in the last week as well.

IT was a forced move by Scout (and I believe there parent company FoxSports.com). Still I'm stunned that they settled on that design. It makes my eyes bleed.

This board is superior in every way except traffic. When this place started it was a haven from an imploding YBR. YBR actually settled down a bit with stricter moderation and was still the place to get the fastest news.

I never want this place overrun with idiot posters and especially no trolls (both Ravens and opposing teams), but I wish we could add some more quality people or get the ones we have to commit over here more full time.

If we do bring more people in we need to make sure they stay in the spirit of community we have here. I love this board because it really is like a tailgate or a local bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    IT was a forced move by Scout (and I believe there parent company FoxSports.com). Still I'm stunned that they settled on that design. It makes my eyes bleed.
    I know what you mean. I stopped by there to check out my favorite off season thread and couldn't believe how horrible the redesign was. It is literally unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    I know what you mean. I stopped by there to check out my favorite off season thread and couldn't believe how horrible the redesign was. It is literally unreadable.
    Would that be the "Hot Chicks" thread?

And yes, the re-design is horrid.

PP