Post TE Terry Jones Cut by SF

Another ex-Raven cut...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sfo/notes

You have to give props to the FO, they do not let go of much talent that lasts with another team; with the possible exeption of not over-paying on a contract and letting them move on...

Re: TE Terry Jones Cut by SF

NVM

I got him confused with Trent Smith.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

I got him confused with Trent Smith.
    I'm pretty sure he got cut by San Fran too.

I'm pretty sure he got cut by San Fran too.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by WinRavensWin
    Another ex-Raven cut...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sfo/notes

You have to give props to the FO, they do not let go of much talent that lasts with another team; with the possible exeption of not over-paying on a contract and letting them move on...

Totally agree. We lost Priest Holmes only because we had Jamal Lewis. Holmes became a UFA and signed with the Chiefs and the rest...well you know.

We lost Baxter and Hartwell to Free Agency and these guys are finding it difficult to stay healthy.

We let go of Weaver, but we have Pryce, Suggs, and Cody waiting in the wings at DE.

Generally, when we let go of a player, it is for a very good reason. We either have great depth at that position, or that player is just not very good.

Hail Ozzie, the ultimate talent evaluator.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

6. Re: TE Terry Jones Cut by SF

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz
    Hail Ozzie, the ultimate talent evaluator.
    Not to be a killjoy, but the ultimate talent evaluator has also brought us Boller, Pashos, Orlando, Flynn, and Keydrick.

His successes outweigh his failures for sure BUT I think it's generally a rule of thumb that it starts in the trenches and we've been woefully BAD in the trenches for a loooooong time.

O

To a fault, Ozzie doesn't believe in investing money/picks into the line. He looks for bargains, and it doesn't work.

agree. I wondered in the Rod Green thread, how this team does so well getting/developing LBs, and so poorly on the OLine. EVERY SINGLE prognosticator I've read agrees that the Oline is the Raven's weak point. (and has been for years, I think.)
    speaking of ex-Ravens, Duane Stark got picked up by somebody, I think the Vikes.

the vikings are stock piling has beens in the secondary